2014 Tech Gadget Predictions: Smarter Smartwatches including Apple iWatch and Wearable TV
By Janice Somosot | January 2, 2014 4:59 PM EST
The New Year 2014 seems like a much better time for tech gadgets than 2013. For starters, there are a lot of exciting gadgets planned for release on 2014. Check out the 2014 tech gadget predictions featuring smarter smartwatches including the Apple iWatch, wearable television (TV), drones and 3D printers.
Wearable tech gadgets such as smartwatches are all the rage now, with several tech companies such as Apple, Google, Samsung, Adidas and Nike battling to outdo each other. With all these stiff competition, innovation emerges in the form of new features to add to the already impressive smartwatch.
"Smartwatches, which connect to your smartphone, are going to create an entirely new category of computing in the coming year," said former Forrester analyst Sarah Rotman Epps, who specializes in wearable computing, in a report by Brisbane Times.
Epps also mentioned that the much anticipated Apple smartwatch, which is predicted to be named iWatch, will be a game-changer in the smartwatch industry because Apple is known for its amazing technological innovations which have revolutionized the tech industry, including the cellphone and computer industries.
Smartwatches are welcome additions to mobile phone accessories because it not only tells time, but it also syncs to one's smartphone to provide users with important data without having to whip out their phones all the time. It is perfect for busy people who are on-the-go. It is also much safer because it lessens the need to show off your smartphone in a crowded place, which can be snatched or misplaced. It alerts users about incoming calls and important text messages, appointments and even monitors one's health by recording heartbeat, blood pressure and the number of miles walked in a day. It will also be equipped with improved location sensors that will alert you whether a friend, colleague, acquaintance or loved one is nearby or has been to the place you just passed.
Aside from smartwatches, wearable TV is also touted to be the next big thing in the tech industry. The advent of flexible screens from Samsung and Corning Glass Technologies has signaled the start of TVs that can be worn on the wrist or on clothes.
Plus, the rampant use of commercial drones is expected to happen in 2014. These drones can be used to inspect rooftops and other areas that aren't easily accessible to humans.
In 2013, 3D printers that can create physical objects, such as guns from digital files, was launched and it is predicted that in 2014, these printers will replace the ubiquitous inkjet printers in people's homes.
The Apple iWatch, wearable television (TV), drones and 3D printers are just some of the 2014 tech gadget predictions. Let's wait and see if any other technological breakthroughs will be introduced in 2014.
- READ MORE:
Adidas Smartwatch Vs Nike Fuel Band SE: Latest Smartwatch Battle? [VIDEOS] (Click HERE)
Google Smartwatch Soon Expected (Click HERE)
FiLIP: The First Smartwatch That Will Help Parents Track Their Child's Location, A Perfect Christmas Gift For Kids [Video] (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Fairfax Chief Executive Greg Hywood Reiterates Commitment to Radio; No Merger With Macquarie Radio
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June