2014 Tech Gadget Predictions: Smarter Smartwatches including Apple iWatch and Wearable TV
By Janice Somosot | January 2, 2014 4:59 PM EST
The New Year 2014 seems like a much better time for tech gadgets than 2013. For starters, there are a lot of exciting gadgets planned for release on 2014. Check out the 2014 tech gadget predictions featuring smarter smartwatches including the Apple iWatch, wearable television (TV), drones and 3D printers.
Wearable tech gadgets such as smartwatches are all the rage now, with several tech companies such as Apple, Google, Samsung, Adidas and Nike battling to outdo each other. With all these stiff competition, innovation emerges in the form of new features to add to the already impressive smartwatch.
"Smartwatches, which connect to your smartphone, are going to create an entirely new category of computing in the coming year," said former Forrester analyst Sarah Rotman Epps, who specializes in wearable computing, in a report by Brisbane Times.
Epps also mentioned that the much anticipated Apple smartwatch, which is predicted to be named iWatch, will be a game-changer in the smartwatch industry because Apple is known for its amazing technological innovations which have revolutionized the tech industry, including the cellphone and computer industries.
Smartwatches are welcome additions to mobile phone accessories because it not only tells time, but it also syncs to one's smartphone to provide users with important data without having to whip out their phones all the time. It is perfect for busy people who are on-the-go. It is also much safer because it lessens the need to show off your smartphone in a crowded place, which can be snatched or misplaced. It alerts users about incoming calls and important text messages, appointments and even monitors one's health by recording heartbeat, blood pressure and the number of miles walked in a day. It will also be equipped with improved location sensors that will alert you whether a friend, colleague, acquaintance or loved one is nearby or has been to the place you just passed.
Aside from smartwatches, wearable TV is also touted to be the next big thing in the tech industry. The advent of flexible screens from Samsung and Corning Glass Technologies has signaled the start of TVs that can be worn on the wrist or on clothes.
Plus, the rampant use of commercial drones is expected to happen in 2014. These drones can be used to inspect rooftops and other areas that aren't easily accessible to humans.
In 2013, 3D printers that can create physical objects, such as guns from digital files, was launched and it is predicted that in 2014, these printers will replace the ubiquitous inkjet printers in people's homes.
The Apple iWatch, wearable television (TV), drones and 3D printers are just some of the 2014 tech gadget predictions. Let's wait and see if any other technological breakthroughs will be introduced in 2014.
- READ MORE:
Adidas Smartwatch Vs Nike Fuel Band SE: Latest Smartwatch Battle? [VIDEOS] (Click HERE)
Google Smartwatch Soon Expected (Click HERE)
FiLIP: The First Smartwatch That Will Help Parents Track Their Child's Location, A Perfect Christmas Gift For Kids [Video] (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]