Google Nexus 10 2 Release Date Still Coming As Best Buy Exhausts Nexus 7 Supplies
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 2, 2014 4:38 PM EST
Google Nexus 10 2 release date may be coming soon as Best Buy reduced the prices of Nexus 7 to exhaust remaining supplies.
Best Buy now offers the 16 GB black variant of Nexus 7 for $199 plus a $25 Google Play gift card. All in all, that is $30 off the regular price of Nexus 7 in Google Play Store plus another $25 tossed in your purchase. The best part is the retailer throwing in free shipping for the slates.
Photo of the Nexus 10, taken from http://developer.android.com/about/versions/jelly-bean.html, which is released under CC 2.5 Attribution. Portions of this page are reproduced from work created and shared by the Android Open Source Project and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 2.5 Attribution License.
Unfortunately, the deal has not spread to the LTE variant and the 32 GB model of the device. Best Buy did not specify until when the offer is valid.
WalMart already handed out discounts in Nexus tablets last week. Also, Google Nexus 10 was nowhere in sight in Staples.com. If one will visit the product's page, it will redirect you to the site's main tablets webpage. Moreover, searching it will take you nowhere. Fortunately, the device is still available from Amazon for interested consumers, although supplies are limited. The 32 GB model is still available from Google Play, but the 16 GB model is not available.
Latest rumors claimed the device is expected to arrive on or before the Consumers Electronics Show 2014, which will happen in a few days. If rumors were true, retailers may dish out all the remaining stocks of the device to make room for the much awaited Google Nexus 10 2.
Speculations revealed that Google may either hold a separate launch event for Google Nexus 10 2 or it may just slip the device in the Google Play Store and make it up for grabs without much formal introduction.
It is still unconfirmed whether ASUS or Samsung will take the helm in making the next 10-inch Google's tablet. Some of the features that consumers can assume to arrive in Google's new slate are 10.4-inch screen display with 2,560 x 1,600 pixel resolution, Tegra 4/ Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chip processor, Adreno 330 GPU, 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB and 32 GB internal storage, 8 MP rear camera and Android 4.4 Kitkat OS.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell