Evasi0n7 iOS 7 Jailbreak Update: 64-Bit Optimised Cydia Mobile Substrate Ready for Download or Get Whitedoor for Older iOS Devices
By Erik Pineda | January 2, 2014 4:01 PM EST
iOS 7 Jailbreak: iH8sn0w and MuscleNerd Confirm iOS 7.0.4 Safe for Future Jailbreaks
In a tweet posted on Dec 31, Cydia creator Jay Freeman, also known as @Saurik, announced that "Substrate 0.9.5000 has been released, with support for iOS 7 and ARM64. (For extensions to work on ARM64, they must be recompiled to ARM64.)"
Note too that from its previous name, the crucial jailbreaking tool has been rebranded as Cydia Substrate.
Yet according to iDownloadBlog.com, squeezing the full jailbreaking benefits from Cydia will still depend on how quickly jailbreaks can issue "their respective tweaks to utilize the new Substrate."
Nonetheless, things are now forming right for jailbreak fans as initially the Evasi0n7 from Team Evad3rs was not smoothly working with Cydia. Recall that @Saurik reminded the community that there was no assurance the unlocker would pair without glitch with Cydia.
So following some tinkering, Freeman is pretty much certain that the latest Cydia release is fully optimised with iOS 7 and the new 64-bit mobile computing environment that Apple has introduced via the iPhone 5S in September 2013.
It is understood too that @Saurik's adjustments took the Retina iPad Mini 2 and iPad Air into consideration. So the latest work from the famed developer should fit just right with both the popular tablets given the right tweaks that would crop out soon.
One of them, according to AppAdvice.com, is the Barrel jailbreak tweak. "Barrel performs incredibly well under Apple's 64-bit desktop class processor. Transition animations are smoother than ever, and users will find that the jailbreak tweak is great to use on an iPhone 5s," said the same report.
But how about the roughly 20 per cent of iOS devices that are unable to run on iOS 7 and there left out of Evasi0n7 jailbreak?
Essentially an iOS theme, Whitedoor "comes with all of the bells and whistles that you'd want from the latest version, including the new Notification Centre, the new multitasking tray and Control Centre."
In short, Whitedoor is the closest that old iOS device users can get to iOS 7.
As for the holdouts, which are those waiting out the reported Evasi0n7 iOS 7.1 update, the wait time could extend well into the last few weeks of Q1 2014 as Apple is not expected to finalise the iOS 7.1, now in beta release, until after mid-February this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build