2014 NFL Playoffs - Wildcard: Kansas City Chiefs vs. Indianapolis Colts, New Orleans Saints vs. Philadelphia Eagles [Betting Trends]
By James Patrick Quizon | January 2, 2014 3:15 PM EST
The NFL’s top teams, Seattle Seahawks, Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos and New England Patriots, earned their first round bye after topping their respective conferences. Eight teams play over the weekend, Jan 4 (Saturday) and Jan 5 (Sunday), and all want to prove their worth that they belong with the elite.
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys
NFL’s wildcard weekend opens on Saturday when the Indianapolis Colts, led by Andrew Luck, host the Kansas City Chiefs and Alex Smith, while the New Orleans Saints, featuring Drew Brees, visit the Philadelphia Eagles and Nick Foles in a Saturday NFL double-header.
Another pair of marquee match-ups will decide who advances to the divisional round as the San Diego Chargers and Philip Rivers take on the Cincinnati Bengals with Andy Dalton, even as the San Francisco 49ers and Colin Kaepernick face Aaron Rodgers’ Green Bay Packers.
Betting Lines: Kansas City Chiefs (+2.5) vs. Indianapolis Colts (O/U: 46.5)
Game time: 7:35 a.m. AEDT (Jan 4, Saturday)
Kansas City Chiefs Trends
- Chiefs are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games on the road
- Chiefs are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games in the playoffs
- Chiefs are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games vs. teams with winning records
Indianapolis Colts Trends
- Colts are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- Colts are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games at home
- Colts are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. AFC teams
Most recent meeting (Dec 22, 2013):
Colts def. Chiefs, 23-7 (A. Luck: 241 yards, 26-of-37 completion, 1 TD)
Betting Lines: New Orleans Saints (+2.5) vs. Philadelphia Eagles (O/U: 53.5)
Game time: 11:10 a.m. AEDT (Jan 4, Saturday)
New Orleans Saints Trends
- Saints are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- Saints are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. NFC teams
- Saints are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games in the playoffs on the road
Philadelphia Eagles Trends
- Eagles are 6-20-1 ATS in their last 27 games at home
- Eagles are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 vs. New Orleans
- Eagles are 3-10 ATS in their last 13 games against teams with winning records
Most recent meeting (Jan 5, 2012):
Saints def. Eagles, 28-13 (D. Brees: 239 yards, 21-27 completions, 2 TD)
*First Round Bye - New England Patriots, Denver Broncos (Will face winners from wildcard round)
Live Streaming Info: Watch the Chiefs vs. Colts and Saints vs. Eagles with NFL Game Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail: