Ian Somerhalder on Twitter: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Welcomes 2014 in Tokyo, Japan
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 2, 2014 1:39 PM EST
Ian Somerhalder capped the year 2013 and welcomed 2014 in Asia while his "Vampire Diaries" co-stars Paul Wesley and Nina Dobrev spent their holiday break in Australia. The 35-year-old actor sent his warm message from Tokyo, Japan via social media sites Twitter and Instagram after his holiday visit in China.
E.L. James Approves of Ian Somerhalder
On December 31, Ian Somerhalder posted his New Year greeting on his Twitter account @iansomerhalder. The message reads: "Happy New Year from Tokyo! 2013 was truly magical.Truly. Lets make this one even better- in the Words of Allan Savory: 'Lets make 2014 a Vintage year for humanity'."
The actor shared to his millions of fans an Instagram image of himself holding a glass to toast the arrival of the year 2014. "I'm so grateful for the support of Vampire Diaries and The Ian Somerhalder Foundation. I'm so truly grateful for all of the support but I need you help- pls pls PLEASE go to Isfoundation.org and donate TODAY- it's the last day of 2013 and we need it!!! Help us build this sanctuary and start these programs! PlEASE help! Please retweet this message over and over and over! ISF Family please spread this like crazy. Love, Ian," Ian's message further read.
Ian Somerhalder is known to have a serious passion with environmental causes and animal rights with his non-profit Ian Somerhalder Foundation (ISF). The organization's objective is to empower, educate and collaborate with people and do projects that will "positively impact the planet and its creatures."
The Wet Paint reports the actor even requested the people to send donations instead of presents to the ISF on his 35th birthday on December 8, 2013. The foundation continues to raise money for the different environmental, animal and wildlife-related causes worldwide.
Ian's holiday break from filming episodes in the CW TV series will come to an end soon. The actor will be returning to the "Vampire Diaries" set in Atlanta, Georgia and resume portraying the vampire character Damon Salvatore on the small screen.
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 is set to make a grand come back with the 100th episode titled "500 Years of Solitude." The episode is scheduled to air on Thursday night, January 23, at 8 pm EST on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
Vampire Diaries: Kat Graham Reveals Co-Star Ian Somerhalder is a Prankster on Set, What Did He Do to Scare Her? - [READ]
Ian Somerhalder on Twitter: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor To Spend Holiday Vacation in China - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage