Top 5 Xbox One Exclusive Games in 2014: Halo 5, Project Spark, Fable Legends, Kinect Sports Rivals and Sunset Overdrive
By Gel Galang | January 2, 2014 1:24 PM EST
Though there have been reports that Microsoft's Xbox One has ranked second place to Sony's PS4 during the 2013 overall look at the next-gen console wars, the very lifespan of the two consoles are just at the beginning and 2014 may bring quite a number of surprises on both sides.
If there's anything notable for the Xbox One, it would have to be the fact that there are a lot of exclusives coming in, with these five being the top pick.
There's a lot riding on "Fable Legends," and a lot of expectations for the multiple RPG. Aside from the fact that Lionhead's game is just the first season for the entire game, according to Gamerant, it also goes along a new route from the original formula of the title.
The excitement only builds up from there, since "Fable Legends" where four players can have a go at the game. Of the four players, only one can play as the bad guy, but those who are one of the do-gooders do have the choice of what class they want their character to have.
OXM adds that the villain of the four will not necessarily have to fight a 3-against-1 battle but rather have minions and hordes at his/her disposal for the heroes to fight. "Fable Legends" also have weapons, armours, hero abilities and upgrades just waiting at a player's disposal, so it's a much-awaited Xbox One title indeed.
*The PS4's "Tomb Raider: Definitive Editions" is getting a cool new feature. Read about what it is here.
A quirky pick that is coming to the Xbox One is "Sunset Overdrive" from Insomniac Games. While there have been very little announcements of the game since then, the storyline already presents a very intriguing game.
Polygon reports that "Sunset Overdrive" is a shooter game where players will find that most people in the game have become mutants after a catastrophic event. What's also interesting is that the game calls for cloud capabilities for regular content and even in-depth analysis of a player's behavior in the game.
*This 2014, enjoy these five top iOS games coming out sometime within the year. Read the article here.
"Project Spark" lets players create their own games, from 2-D platformers to shooter games, and share these with a community of gamers.
So far, "Project Spark" is already out for Windows 8.1, so that it will be out for the public before the introduction of the game to the Xbox One on Jan 2014, reports The Verge.
*There are a lot of games coming out for 2014, but here's a top 5 pick to get you started on what to expect. Read the full story here.
'Kinect Sports Rivals'
The very name of the game already contains the most unique aspect of Microsoft's Xbox One and takes the improved Kinect to a whole new level of control and use.
Destructoid has already rated the game pre-season and given it a pretty good assessment. From the smart use of the d-pad for navigating the menu to the selection of sports that gamers can play just by the sensor-powered Kinect, "Kinect Sports Rivals" really takes sports gaming to a whole new level.
(Credit: YouTube/Project Spark)
"Kinect Sports Rivals" is set to debut on the Xbox One come the spring of 2014.
'Halo 5'/'Halo' for Xbox One
Almost everyone is waiting for more news on the next "Halo" game that's coming to the Xbox One. Some have speculated that it might be the "Halo 5," while there have been announcements that it's just another "Halo" game (and not necessarily the fifth installment).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans