Top 5 New Year’s Eve Parties around the World
By Aditya Bhat | December 31, 2013 11:25 PM EST
The approaching New Year will push majority of the people out of their homes, and most of them would want to ring in the year with a party to remember. People can usher in the New Year with some of the most thrilling crowds which will gather at some of the most amazing destinations in the world.
Here we list out some of the most impressive and best New Year's Eve parties throughout the world:
1. Times Square, New York City
Where will you head for except the Times Square, if you are in New York City. The place will play host to millions of revellers who will descend on this symbolic center of the city year after year, before the clock strikes 12. People gather at the Times Square in what has now become a global tradition, to see the descending of the world's largest crystal ball. Along with this, the revellers will also be treated to some star-studded musical performances, balloons, handouts, confetti and colorful pyrotechnic display, attracting millions of tourists and revellers.
2. Rio De Janeiro
Rio will play host to millions of people who will descend on the famous Copacabana Beach that will be the number one destination for anyone in Brazil, where they all gather to witness some of the old rituals that pay homage to the goddess of sea, and most people would wear white symbolising purity. Apart from this, the revellers will also be treated to some good music and DJ shows from some of the best in the country.
The open-air party in central London will see millions of revellers coming in, to celebrate with chimes of the Big Ben and watch the treat of fireworks go over London Eye or Thames River, with the music beaming out some of the famous rock songs from British bands like Queen or The Beatles. Once this is over, people line up before pubs or will head to some of the wonderful stage shows in West End. This can be followed up with the annual New Year's Day Parade that will feature some of the best performers from around the world.
No one can forget the fireworks display in Sydney that celebrates every New Year. It is home to world's largest fireworks show that attracts more than a million to the famous Sydney Harbor and the Sydney Harbor Bridge. Apart from this, people can also head to Royal Botanic Gardens that will offer dancers, champagne and fireworks. People preferring to head away from the urban set up can check out Bondi Beach, which will have some of the most memorable electronic dance parties, which include musicians like Skrillex.
5. Hong Kong
One of the biggest fireworks display probably in Asia is at Victoria Harbour, China's largest harbour. People get to see the amazing eight-minute show, starting over the water and moving towards the land. It offers a variety of public viewing spots, and if people want the best views, they better opt for views from the harbor cruises. There is also a replica of the now-famous crystal ball drop of the Times Square. Even the Hong Kong Disneyland will extend its hours and will also have a countdown party.
There are other places like Berlin, Paris, Los Angeles and Singapore which also have some of the best known New Year parties.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble