Top 5 New Year’s Eve Parties around the World
By Aditya Bhat | December 31, 2013 11:25 PM EST
The approaching New Year will push majority of the people out of their homes, and most of them would want to ring in the year with a party to remember. People can usher in the New Year with some of the most thrilling crowds which will gather at some of the most amazing destinations in the world.
Here we list out some of the most impressive and best New Year's Eve parties throughout the world:
1. Times Square, New York City
Where will you head for except the Times Square, if you are in New York City. The place will play host to millions of revellers who will descend on this symbolic center of the city year after year, before the clock strikes 12. People gather at the Times Square in what has now become a global tradition, to see the descending of the world's largest crystal ball. Along with this, the revellers will also be treated to some star-studded musical performances, balloons, handouts, confetti and colorful pyrotechnic display, attracting millions of tourists and revellers.
2. Rio De Janeiro
Rio will play host to millions of people who will descend on the famous Copacabana Beach that will be the number one destination for anyone in Brazil, where they all gather to witness some of the old rituals that pay homage to the goddess of sea, and most people would wear white symbolising purity. Apart from this, the revellers will also be treated to some good music and DJ shows from some of the best in the country.
The open-air party in central London will see millions of revellers coming in, to celebrate with chimes of the Big Ben and watch the treat of fireworks go over London Eye or Thames River, with the music beaming out some of the famous rock songs from British bands like Queen or The Beatles. Once this is over, people line up before pubs or will head to some of the wonderful stage shows in West End. This can be followed up with the annual New Year's Day Parade that will feature some of the best performers from around the world.
No one can forget the fireworks display in Sydney that celebrates every New Year. It is home to world's largest fireworks show that attracts more than a million to the famous Sydney Harbor and the Sydney Harbor Bridge. Apart from this, people can also head to Royal Botanic Gardens that will offer dancers, champagne and fireworks. People preferring to head away from the urban set up can check out Bondi Beach, which will have some of the most memorable electronic dance parties, which include musicians like Skrillex.
5. Hong Kong
One of the biggest fireworks display probably in Asia is at Victoria Harbour, China's largest harbour. People get to see the amazing eight-minute show, starting over the water and moving towards the land. It offers a variety of public viewing spots, and if people want the best views, they better opt for views from the harbor cruises. There is also a replica of the now-famous crystal ball drop of the Times Square. Even the Hong Kong Disneyland will extend its hours and will also have a countdown party.
There are other places like Berlin, Paris, Los Angeles and Singapore which also have some of the best known New Year parties.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29