Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Rumors Explode As CES 2014 In Las Vegas In January Nears
By Karla Danica Figuerres | December 31, 2013 11:04 AM EST
Rumored Samsung Galaxy S5 killer specs and features have continued to flood the Internet before the New Year with the latest update to an almost unbelievable 4 GB of RAM and an enhanced Exynos processor.
News about the Samsung Galaxy S5 continues to emerge at an overwhelming rate with the upcoming CES 2014 in Las Vegas and rumored release date in February. A bunch of rumors were reported targeted to the potential buyers and teasers with its possible display size, resolution, camera and possible release dates.
Rumors suggested the Samsung Galaxy S5 will sport a 5.2 inches QHD display, Android 4.4 KitKat, 16MP camera with Auto Focus, metal and plastic chassis, 3 GB of RAM, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and a launch date that could possibly happen far. Samsung has yet to confirm these rumors with more in the coming weeks.
News from Samsung started to swirl when it announced that it has created a new 8GB LPDDR4 chipset and that a "single 4 GB LPDDR4 package can provide the highest level of performance available today." This new chipset for mobile devices might bring devices with 4 GB of RAM in 2014 and the Samsung Galaxy S5 might be the first device to have this impressive RAM on board.
Samsung also teased its fans with an Exynos-related announcement that will be publicized at the CES in January, which further fuel the rumors saying that the Galaxy S5 will come with a 4 GB of RAM. Every year, Samsung is known to make changes and improvements on its processors, thus a new chip will not be quite surprising.
The new chips from Samsung are rumored to be the new Exynos 6 chip and Exynos S CPU, which will be 64-bit. If rumors are true, then Samsung will take the mobile computing experience a notch higher with an almost desktop experience in multitasking.
As the release date of the Samsung Galaxy S5 approaches, we can expect to see news about its features and specs to firm up. AT&T has already started to test ahead of the launch of the device next year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around