Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Rumors Explode As CES 2014 In Las Vegas In January Nears
By Karla Danica Figuerres | December 31, 2013 11:04 AM EST
Rumored Samsung Galaxy S5 killer specs and features have continued to flood the Internet before the New Year with the latest update to an almost unbelievable 4 GB of RAM and an enhanced Exynos processor.
News about the Samsung Galaxy S5 continues to emerge at an overwhelming rate with the upcoming CES 2014 in Las Vegas and rumored release date in February. A bunch of rumors were reported targeted to the potential buyers and teasers with its possible display size, resolution, camera and possible release dates.
Rumors suggested the Samsung Galaxy S5 will sport a 5.2 inches QHD display, Android 4.4 KitKat, 16MP camera with Auto Focus, metal and plastic chassis, 3 GB of RAM, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and a launch date that could possibly happen far. Samsung has yet to confirm these rumors with more in the coming weeks.
News from Samsung started to swirl when it announced that it has created a new 8GB LPDDR4 chipset and that a "single 4 GB LPDDR4 package can provide the highest level of performance available today." This new chipset for mobile devices might bring devices with 4 GB of RAM in 2014 and the Samsung Galaxy S5 might be the first device to have this impressive RAM on board.
Samsung also teased its fans with an Exynos-related announcement that will be publicized at the CES in January, which further fuel the rumors saying that the Galaxy S5 will come with a 4 GB of RAM. Every year, Samsung is known to make changes and improvements on its processors, thus a new chip will not be quite surprising.
The new chips from Samsung are rumored to be the new Exynos 6 chip and Exynos S CPU, which will be 64-bit. If rumors are true, then Samsung will take the mobile computing experience a notch higher with an almost desktop experience in multitasking.
As the release date of the Samsung Galaxy S5 approaches, we can expect to see news about its features and specs to firm up. AT&T has already started to test ahead of the launch of the device next year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan