Hollywood News: Carly Rae Jepsen to Make Broadway Debut in 'Cinderella' in 2014
By ambika thakur | December 30, 2013 9:44 PM EST
Carly Rae Jepsen, the Mission, B.C. singer all is set to make her Broadway debut in Rodgers & Hammerstein's "Cinderella" opening on February 4,2013. "Call Me Maybe," hit maker will step into the title role of "Cinderella" replacing Laura Osnes.
Her remarkable hit "Call Me Maybe," turned her into an overnight superstar following its release as the lead single from the EP on September 20, 2011, by 604 Records and appeared in her international debut album entitled Kiss. In January 2012, former couple singers Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez were in Canada for the holidays and took notice of the song on the radio. The couple liked the song so much that they tweeted about it on their personal profiles, Jepsen instantaneously grabbed worldwide interest.
"Broadway has been a dream of mine since I was a little girl and I look forward to working with this incredibly talented cast to tell this classic tale," said Jepsen. The 28-year-old singer is going to literally take the Cinderella like story of her success one step ahead with this venture. Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella, enters the second year of its run on January 25. Although she appeared in high school productions of Annie entitled, "The Wizard Grease" Cinderella will mark her professional stage debut. She studied acting, singing, and dancing at the Canadian College of Performing Arts in Victoria, British Columbia.
"My favourite part of the school year was our trip to New York, where we met Broadway performers and toured the theatres," stated Jepsen to media. "It's so hopeful and inspiring I've always been one to believe in the impossible, so I relate to her character completely."
Jepsen will star in the show for twelve weeks before the singer returns to the pop concert touring circuit later this year.
The star revealed in an interview with HELLO! Online how she stays grounded after success and handles the pressure of stardom: "I'd say you should try to be open-minded and be open to different things. I was very experimental and tried out lots of different genres - I sang with a swing band at one point, I tried out folk music and I went on Canadian Idol even though I felt that that was something that wouldn't be helpful at all. My main advice is just to knock on as many doors as you can because you never really know which one is going to open for you. You should be prepared so that when one does open, you can take all the stuff you know about yourself and what you've learnt so that you can push it forward."
"There are loads of things, I could write you a novel! I think the main thing would be to how crazy LA can be. I'm really lucky to have had some amazing friends out there who showed me the grounding side of it and then the fake side of it. Hopefully I've landed with the right side," continued Jepsen.
Watch:Carly Rae Jepsen Heads to Broadway Next Year
Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border