Kawasaki to Offer Versys 1000 and ER-6n in India: Report
By greeshma m | December 30, 2013 6:30 PM EST
Japanese two-wheeler major, Kawasaki is reportedly planning to bring its Versys 1000 and ER-6n motorcycles to India.
Kawasaki which recently introduced two new bikes in the sub-continent is said to be aiming to expand its foothold in the market. Currently, the motorcycle major sells four models-the Ninja ZX-10R and the Ninja ZX-14R, followed by the Z1000 and Ninja 1000 in India, and is likely to launch the Z800 next year.
Both the Versys 1000 and The ER-6n are expected to get a soft launch at Kawasaki showrooms in Pune by mid of 2014, according to Auto Car India
The Kawasaki Versys is powered by 16-valve, liquid-cooled, four-stroke, in-line-four engine, which can pump in a power of 118bhp at 9,000rpm and a torque of 10.4kgm at 7,700rpm. On the other hand, ER-6n naked bike draws its power from a four-stroke, parallel-twin, 649cc, liquid-cooled, eight-valve engine that is mated to a six-speed gearbox. It generates a power of 72bhp at 8,500rpm and a torque of 6.5kgm at 7,000rpm.
At present, Kawasaki's Ninja 300 and 650 are assembled locally at Bajaj's Chakan facility, Pune and the Z1000 and Ninja 1000 are brought to India as completely Built Units (CBUs). Rumours are rife that the company's Z800 will hit the India market in January 2014.
Reports also suggested that the Z800, the naked streetfighter has already reached the company's Pune showroom, hinting an imminent launch. The bike is powered by a 4-stroke, inline-four 806cc liquid-cooled engine, which generates a maximum power output of 113 bhp 8.46 kgm torque.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales