"The Walking Dead" is set to return on February 9, 2014 with 8 awesome-sauce episodes. The time is apt to explore what fans can expect when the show returns. The epicness of "TWD" will reach a new high when brand new characters will come into the scene. Of course, we can also expect a blast from the past.
1. Carl Grimes is the boss in "The Walking Dead" season 4X09: oh, yes he owns it big time. TVLine shared a while ago that Carl is the man in that episode. "[Carl] does something this season.... Man," shared Andrew Lincoln. "Episode 9 is his episode. It's so cool," added Andrew.
2. Morgan Jones Returns: Rick Grimes' buddy from season 1 will make a comeback in season 4. Scott Gimple mentioned that we might get to see him again on "The Walking Dead." According to comics, Rick, Carl and Abraham (new character) meet Morgan when they return to Rick's hometown for weapons. It is possible that Morgan becomes a part of the group later.
3. New Characters - Eugene, Abraham and Rosita: These three new characters will appear in "The Walking Dead" 4X10. Rosita Espinosa, Sgt. Abraham Ford and Dr. Eugene Porter. In the comic books, the group meets these new characters back at Hershel Greene's farm. Team Rick later joins them on their way to Washington D.C.
"I think the main thing to look at is that these are some very interesting and dynamic and explosive characters that will be breathing some new life into the show, which is something that all of our new characters do. They're going to be pushing things in new directions. So they will definitely be an X factor that changes the dynamic of the show quite a bit. There's cool things ahead with them," said Robert Kirkman to Entertainment Weekly.
4. The Hunters (Cannibals): Season 4 of "The Walking Dead" might or might not see a group of cannibals called "The Hunters."
5. The Sanctuary: The radio messages from a location. A safe location. We cannot forget that. It is possible that "The Hunters" have transmitted the message in order to lure people. We don't if we will ever see a safe-zone in the season, although it will be great. 3
6. Gareth? Yes, Gareth is coming, but not much is known about the nature of this unidentified character taken from the comics. Andrew J. West will play the character of Gareth. He will appear as a guest star and Wetpaint speculates that he will become a series regular in season 5.
To contact the editor, e-mail: