Where to Party in Australia on New Year's Eve: 5 Places to Be in Sydney on Last Night Of 2013
By jaskiran kaur | December 27, 2013 7:14 PM EST
Have you already decided where would you be partying or spending your New Year's Eve this year? Australians especially the ones residing in Sydney or are travelling to Sydney have a lots of amazing events to choose from. Here are 5 places to be in Sydney, Australia on last night of 2013.
5 Places to Be in Sydney, Australia on Last Night of 2013
1. Sydney Harbour's New Year's Eve Fireworks- New Year's Eve fireworks display is the most epic of events to witness on the very night. The sky is painted in several glittering colors with world's one of the best fireworks display on the New Year's Eve. In addition to usual 9pm and midnight fireworks there will be an extra pyrotechnics display at 10.30pm on the Sydney harbor, Australia. The main fireworks show will display will feature 11,000 aerial shells and 25,000 comets as reported by the Daily Telegraph AU. The extra firework show is inspired by Reg Mombassa artwork. The secret Sydney Harbor Bridge fireworks show will be bigger than previous years' show and will be as high as 12 storeys and will be as wide as 72 meters.
2. Party at The Sydney Opera House - Like every year, the Sydney Opera House will host one of the Australia's biggest New Year's Eve bash. 2013's Sydney Opera House will have Sneaky Sound System as their biggest entertainers and the menu of the party will include celebrity chef Matt Moran's delicacies. The party that costs the ticket of $495 wil last from 7pm to 1.30pm. Commemorating it's 40 years for the first time in a decade, Sydney Opera House will be launching more than 1000 fireworks. "We are marking the 40th anniversary of Sydney Opera House in the best way that Sydney NYE knows how - brilliant, specially designed fireworks, firing from the world-famous sails,'' said Sydney Lord Mayor Clover Moore as reported by Sydney Morning Herald.
3. Skrillex at Bondi Beach- Musician Skrillex or Sonny John Moore will be lighting up the last night of the year 2013 at the shore of Bondi beach from 8pm. There is an exciting lineup of DJs and acts including What So Not, Alvin Risk, Jack Beats and more. The tickets cost around $118-$125.
4. Sydney Harbor Party: Luna Park-In its annual bash Luna Park will host a party featuring entertainers like Timmy Trumpet, Havana Brown and Ian Carey. The party not only includes the entertainer's performance but unlimited rides access by the ticket buyers as well as view of the Sydney Harbor fireworks. The party starts at 6.30 pm and the ticket costs $139.
5. Marquee's Annual New Year's Eve party- One of the top 5 events in Sydney, Australia includes Marquee's 2013 New Year's Eve bash. The star performers of the party are hip hop and R&B artist Ray J. Accompanying him as the party entertainer are Stafford Brothers and Grammy nominated DJ Morgan Page. The tickets of the event costs $99 to $1000.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone