Where to Party in Australia on New Year's Eve: 5 Places to Be in Sydney on Last Night Of 2013
By jaskiran kaur | December 27, 2013 7:14 PM EST
Have you already decided where would you be partying or spending your New Year's Eve this year? Australians especially the ones residing in Sydney or are travelling to Sydney have a lots of amazing events to choose from. Here are 5 places to be in Sydney, Australia on last night of 2013.
5 Places to Be in Sydney, Australia on Last Night of 2013
1. Sydney Harbour's New Year's Eve Fireworks- New Year's Eve fireworks display is the most epic of events to witness on the very night. The sky is painted in several glittering colors with world's one of the best fireworks display on the New Year's Eve. In addition to usual 9pm and midnight fireworks there will be an extra pyrotechnics display at 10.30pm on the Sydney harbor, Australia. The main fireworks show will display will feature 11,000 aerial shells and 25,000 comets as reported by the Daily Telegraph AU. The extra firework show is inspired by Reg Mombassa artwork. The secret Sydney Harbor Bridge fireworks show will be bigger than previous years' show and will be as high as 12 storeys and will be as wide as 72 meters.
2. Party at The Sydney Opera House - Like every year, the Sydney Opera House will host one of the Australia's biggest New Year's Eve bash. 2013's Sydney Opera House will have Sneaky Sound System as their biggest entertainers and the menu of the party will include celebrity chef Matt Moran's delicacies. The party that costs the ticket of $495 wil last from 7pm to 1.30pm. Commemorating it's 40 years for the first time in a decade, Sydney Opera House will be launching more than 1000 fireworks. "We are marking the 40th anniversary of Sydney Opera House in the best way that Sydney NYE knows how - brilliant, specially designed fireworks, firing from the world-famous sails,'' said Sydney Lord Mayor Clover Moore as reported by Sydney Morning Herald.
3. Skrillex at Bondi Beach- Musician Skrillex or Sonny John Moore will be lighting up the last night of the year 2013 at the shore of Bondi beach from 8pm. There is an exciting lineup of DJs and acts including What So Not, Alvin Risk, Jack Beats and more. The tickets cost around $118-$125.
4. Sydney Harbor Party: Luna Park-In its annual bash Luna Park will host a party featuring entertainers like Timmy Trumpet, Havana Brown and Ian Carey. The party not only includes the entertainer's performance but unlimited rides access by the ticket buyers as well as view of the Sydney Harbor fireworks. The party starts at 6.30 pm and the ticket costs $139.
5. Marquee's Annual New Year's Eve party- One of the top 5 events in Sydney, Australia includes Marquee's 2013 New Year's Eve bash. The star performers of the party are hip hop and R&B artist Ray J. Accompanying him as the party entertainer are Stafford Brothers and Grammy nominated DJ Morgan Page. The tickets of the event costs $99 to $1000.
To contact the editor, e-mail: