Mediocrity Meet: Toronto Raptors vs. New York Knicks Live Streaming Info and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | December 27, 2013 5:57 PM EST
The Toronto Raptors have fleeced the New York Knicks in recent trades-- time for Italian Andrea Bargnani to prove the opposite when his former team visits his current squad Friday night.
Both the Raptors (11-15) and Knicks (9-18) have losing records so far this season but it is Toronto which is playing better of late with four wins in their last six outings. The Knicks are 4-6 in their last 10 games and coming off an embarrassing Christmas Day blowout, 123-to-94 versus the Oklahoma City Thunder.
The Knicks’ struggles have come on both ends of the floor and part of the blame falls on Bargnani, who has failed to the billing as the secondary offensive option to star Carmelo Anthony with just 14.1 points and 5.1 rebounds averages in 26 games for the Knicks.
New York as a whole is not living up to expectations as East contenders this year. The team from the Big Apple is 10 games below the 0.500 mark. The Knicks are among the worst in various categories; they are 25th in the league in scoring (94.9 PPG), 29th in rebounds (39.0) and 22nd assists (20.3 APG).
Since trading away Rudy Gay to the Sacramento Kings weeks ago, the Raptors have been playing some semblance of team basketball. Despite the losing record, they are No. 1 in the mediocre Atlantic division.
The Raps lost to the San Antonio Spurs, 112-to-99 in their most recent game but it came after an upset win, 104-to-98 over the Oklahoma City Thunder on the road. Five players ended up in double-figure scoring for Toronto led by Kyle Lowry with 22 points and 9 assists. Amir Johnson and DeMar DeRozan added 17 markers apiece.
Toronto is 14th in the league in rebounding (42.9 RPG) and 12th in points allowed (99.4 PPG).
Subscribe to NBA League Pass to watch the Raptors vs. Knicks and other NBA games on Friday.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Toronto Raptors Trends
- Raptors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- Raptors are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games vs. teams with losing records at home
- Raptors are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. teams with losing records
New York Knicks Trends
- Knicks are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after a loss
- Knicks are 3-12 ATS in their last 15 games at home
- Knicks are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after an ATS loss
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast