Mediocrity Meet: Toronto Raptors vs. New York Knicks Live Streaming Info and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | December 27, 2013 5:57 PM EST
The Toronto Raptors have fleeced the New York Knicks in recent trades-- time for Italian Andrea Bargnani to prove the opposite when his former team visits his current squad Friday night.
Both the Raptors (11-15) and Knicks (9-18) have losing records so far this season but it is Toronto which is playing better of late with four wins in their last six outings. The Knicks are 4-6 in their last 10 games and coming off an embarrassing Christmas Day blowout, 123-to-94 versus the Oklahoma City Thunder.
The Knicks’ struggles have come on both ends of the floor and part of the blame falls on Bargnani, who has failed to the billing as the secondary offensive option to star Carmelo Anthony with just 14.1 points and 5.1 rebounds averages in 26 games for the Knicks.
New York as a whole is not living up to expectations as East contenders this year. The team from the Big Apple is 10 games below the 0.500 mark. The Knicks are among the worst in various categories; they are 25th in the league in scoring (94.9 PPG), 29th in rebounds (39.0) and 22nd assists (20.3 APG).
Since trading away Rudy Gay to the Sacramento Kings weeks ago, the Raptors have been playing some semblance of team basketball. Despite the losing record, they are No. 1 in the mediocre Atlantic division.
The Raps lost to the San Antonio Spurs, 112-to-99 in their most recent game but it came after an upset win, 104-to-98 over the Oklahoma City Thunder on the road. Five players ended up in double-figure scoring for Toronto led by Kyle Lowry with 22 points and 9 assists. Amir Johnson and DeMar DeRozan added 17 markers apiece.
Toronto is 14th in the league in rebounding (42.9 RPG) and 12th in points allowed (99.4 PPG).
Subscribe to NBA League Pass to watch the Raptors vs. Knicks and other NBA games on Friday.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Toronto Raptors Trends
- Raptors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- Raptors are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games vs. teams with losing records at home
- Raptors are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. teams with losing records
New York Knicks Trends
- Knicks are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after a loss
- Knicks are 3-12 ATS in their last 15 games at home
- Knicks are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after an ATS loss
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?