Mediocrity Meet: Toronto Raptors vs. New York Knicks Live Streaming Info and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | December 27, 2013 5:57 PM EST
The Toronto Raptors have fleeced the New York Knicks in recent trades-- time for Italian Andrea Bargnani to prove the opposite when his former team visits his current squad Friday night.
Both the Raptors (11-15) and Knicks (9-18) have losing records so far this season but it is Toronto which is playing better of late with four wins in their last six outings. The Knicks are 4-6 in their last 10 games and coming off an embarrassing Christmas Day blowout, 123-to-94 versus the Oklahoma City Thunder.
The Knicks’ struggles have come on both ends of the floor and part of the blame falls on Bargnani, who has failed to the billing as the secondary offensive option to star Carmelo Anthony with just 14.1 points and 5.1 rebounds averages in 26 games for the Knicks.
New York as a whole is not living up to expectations as East contenders this year. The team from the Big Apple is 10 games below the 0.500 mark. The Knicks are among the worst in various categories; they are 25th in the league in scoring (94.9 PPG), 29th in rebounds (39.0) and 22nd assists (20.3 APG).
Since trading away Rudy Gay to the Sacramento Kings weeks ago, the Raptors have been playing some semblance of team basketball. Despite the losing record, they are No. 1 in the mediocre Atlantic division.
The Raps lost to the San Antonio Spurs, 112-to-99 in their most recent game but it came after an upset win, 104-to-98 over the Oklahoma City Thunder on the road. Five players ended up in double-figure scoring for Toronto led by Kyle Lowry with 22 points and 9 assists. Amir Johnson and DeMar DeRozan added 17 markers apiece.
Toronto is 14th in the league in rebounding (42.9 RPG) and 12th in points allowed (99.4 PPG).
Subscribe to NBA League Pass to watch the Raptors vs. Knicks and other NBA games on Friday.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Toronto Raptors Trends
- Raptors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- Raptors are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games vs. teams with losing records at home
- Raptors are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. teams with losing records
New York Knicks Trends
- Knicks are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after a loss
- Knicks are 3-12 ATS in their last 15 games at home
- Knicks are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after an ATS loss
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge