Mediocrity Meet: Toronto Raptors vs. New York Knicks Live Streaming Info and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | December 27, 2013 5:57 PM EST
The Toronto Raptors have fleeced the New York Knicks in recent trades-- time for Italian Andrea Bargnani to prove the opposite when his former team visits his current squad Friday night.
Both the Raptors (11-15) and Knicks (9-18) have losing records so far this season but it is Toronto which is playing better of late with four wins in their last six outings. The Knicks are 4-6 in their last 10 games and coming off an embarrassing Christmas Day blowout, 123-to-94 versus the Oklahoma City Thunder.
The Knicks’ struggles have come on both ends of the floor and part of the blame falls on Bargnani, who has failed to the billing as the secondary offensive option to star Carmelo Anthony with just 14.1 points and 5.1 rebounds averages in 26 games for the Knicks.
New York as a whole is not living up to expectations as East contenders this year. The team from the Big Apple is 10 games below the 0.500 mark. The Knicks are among the worst in various categories; they are 25th in the league in scoring (94.9 PPG), 29th in rebounds (39.0) and 22nd assists (20.3 APG).
Since trading away Rudy Gay to the Sacramento Kings weeks ago, the Raptors have been playing some semblance of team basketball. Despite the losing record, they are No. 1 in the mediocre Atlantic division.
The Raps lost to the San Antonio Spurs, 112-to-99 in their most recent game but it came after an upset win, 104-to-98 over the Oklahoma City Thunder on the road. Five players ended up in double-figure scoring for Toronto led by Kyle Lowry with 22 points and 9 assists. Amir Johnson and DeMar DeRozan added 17 markers apiece.
Toronto is 14th in the league in rebounding (42.9 RPG) and 12th in points allowed (99.4 PPG).
Subscribe to NBA League Pass to watch the Raptors vs. Knicks and other NBA games on Friday.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Toronto Raptors Trends
- Raptors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- Raptors are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games vs. teams with losing records at home
- Raptors are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. teams with losing records
New York Knicks Trends
- Knicks are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after a loss
- Knicks are 3-12 ATS in their last 15 games at home
- Knicks are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after an ATS loss
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop