Mediocrity Meet: Toronto Raptors vs. New York Knicks Live Streaming Info and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | December 27, 2013 5:57 PM EST
The Toronto Raptors have fleeced the New York Knicks in recent trades-- time for Italian Andrea Bargnani to prove the opposite when his former team visits his current squad Friday night.
Both the Raptors (11-15) and Knicks (9-18) have losing records so far this season but it is Toronto which is playing better of late with four wins in their last six outings. The Knicks are 4-6 in their last 10 games and coming off an embarrassing Christmas Day blowout, 123-to-94 versus the Oklahoma City Thunder.
The Knicks’ struggles have come on both ends of the floor and part of the blame falls on Bargnani, who has failed to the billing as the secondary offensive option to star Carmelo Anthony with just 14.1 points and 5.1 rebounds averages in 26 games for the Knicks.
New York as a whole is not living up to expectations as East contenders this year. The team from the Big Apple is 10 games below the 0.500 mark. The Knicks are among the worst in various categories; they are 25th in the league in scoring (94.9 PPG), 29th in rebounds (39.0) and 22nd assists (20.3 APG).
Since trading away Rudy Gay to the Sacramento Kings weeks ago, the Raptors have been playing some semblance of team basketball. Despite the losing record, they are No. 1 in the mediocre Atlantic division.
The Raps lost to the San Antonio Spurs, 112-to-99 in their most recent game but it came after an upset win, 104-to-98 over the Oklahoma City Thunder on the road. Five players ended up in double-figure scoring for Toronto led by Kyle Lowry with 22 points and 9 assists. Amir Johnson and DeMar DeRozan added 17 markers apiece.
Toronto is 14th in the league in rebounding (42.9 RPG) and 12th in points allowed (99.4 PPG).
Subscribe to NBA League Pass to watch the Raptors vs. Knicks and other NBA games on Friday.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Toronto Raptors Trends
- Raptors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- Raptors are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games vs. teams with losing records at home
- Raptors are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. teams with losing records
New York Knicks Trends
- Knicks are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after a loss
- Knicks are 3-12 ATS in their last 15 games at home
- Knicks are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after an ATS loss
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet