Lorde and Taylor Swift New BFFs: Selena Gomez Can't Stand It?
By Diadem Pambid | December 27, 2013 1:36 PM EST
Taylor Swift and Lorde have been hanging out constantly these days. Despite coming off on a bad start given Lorde's earlier sentiments about the country crooner, the Kiwi singer looks to be the latter's newest BFF. However, one former BFF isn't too pleased with the friendship.
Selena Gomez has been too busy with her "Stars Dance" tour that she had been noticeably absent from Taylor Swift's 24th birthday party. Yet, the Latina wasn't one to be missed given Swift had been busy with another curly haired brunette at the party. "Royals" singer, Lorde, was seen attached to Swift's side the whole time.
Even after the party, Lorde has been the usual visitor at Swift's home and not to mention the usual face from the latter's Instagram posts. Of course, leave it to Swift's former BFF, Selena Gomez, to not be pleased with the current set up. For those might have forgotten, Lorde had dissed Gomez for her song "Come & Get It."
"I'm a feminist, and the theme of her song is, 'When you're ready come and get it from me.' I'm sick of women being portrayed this way," stated Lorde.
While Swift was easy to forgive Lorde's earlier diss, Selena isn't one to let bygones be bygones. In fact, the Latina singer is quite mad Swift has preferred the company of the New Zealand native over her.
"Selena can't stand Lorde, and has publicly trashed Lorde for not being feminist and supporting other female artists," stated a source to Hollywood Life.
As for Swift, the country crooner couldn't care any less what Gomez thinks of her friendship with Lorde. For the Grammy Award winning singer, all she could think of now is the opportunity for collaboration with the "A Team" singer.
"Taylor is buttering up Lorde, because she wants a musical collaboration and knows that Lorde is the hottest new thing in pop music. Taylor is blowing off the diss. She wants and edgier image, and Lorde is ping her craft that," continued the source.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced