Avril Lavigne Strips Off Heavy Makeup, Looks a Lot Like Taylor Swift
By Jesselle Maminta | December 27, 2013 11:50 AM EST
What would Avril Lavigne look like without her signature black eyeliner?
For perhaps the first time in her career, the "Complicated" singer goes on a photo shoot without the heavy eye makeup she is known for. The said photo shoot is for the January 2014 issue of Allure magazine, with Sebastian Kim behind the lens, Alice Lane doing her makeup and Paul Cavaco directing the entire shoot.
The 'makeunder' look was, as Cavaco puts it, 'very, very clean,' with her hair straight and sleek, her face barely made up and the entire look making her pass as a deadringer for country singer Taylor Swift.
'I didn't have very much makeup on, and just had a modern dress [and] bangs,' describes Avril.
In an interview with the magazine, Avril reveals that she wears black eyeliner -- M.A.C. Smolder in particular -- 'pretty much everyday.'
'I do it when I'm just at home,' tells the singer to Allure.
But she still gets to sport a smokey hairstyle in the same shoot, as her second look involves hair in loose curls, smokey eyes and black lace dress.
'I was really comfortable with it because the eye makeup was very smokey which is what I like to rock all the time,' says Avril of her second look.
But even if she has been wearing the heavy eye makeup look for quite some time, Avril likes trying new things, thus she agreed to getting the makeover from Allure.
'I like the idea of trying new things, of playing around-as long as you can go back to what you're comfortable in.'
Meanwhile, fans might never see the 29-year-old singer sport a shorter hairstyle, as Avril says she likes her hair long and always worn down.
'I'm a shy person, so my hair is maybe a safety net,' says the singer with a smile.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique