Where to Watch NBA Houston vs. Memphis: Rockets on a Roll, Host Grizzlies
By James Patrick Quizon | December 27, 2013 3:51 AM EST
Off a big win over their Texas rivals, the Houston Rockets want to make their holiday games special going for back-to-back wins when they host the Memphis Grizzlies Thursday.
The Rockets beat the San Antonio Spurs via a 111-to-98 on Christmas Day with a total team effort. James Harden had a big second half to finish with 28 points (11-of-16 FGs) and added 6 rebounds and 6 assists. Dwight Howard had 15 points and 20 rebounds; Terrence Jones and Chandler Parsons had 21 points apiece; and Jeremy Lin had 13 points and 8 assists.
More impressive was the fact that Houston held San Antonio to just 40.7 field goal shooting (37-of-91 FGs) holding Tony Parker to 3-of-11 shooting (6 points), Tim Duncan to 4-of-12 (11 points) and Kahwil Leonard to 6-of-14 (13 points).
Meanwhile, Memphis is mired in mediocre season after being pegged as one of the West contenders before the season started. The Grizzlies did snap a 5-game losing streak-- their longest this season-- with a 95-to-87 win over the New York Knicks last Wednesday and followed it up with a 104-to-94 victory over the Utah Jazz. Zach Randolph led Memphis in both wins finishing with 25 points and 15 rebounds versus N.Y. and 22 points, 10 rebounds and 7 assists against Utah.
Subscribe to NBA League Pass to watch the Grizzlies vs. Rockets.
Betting Against the Spread
Memphis Grizzlies Trends
- Grizzlies are 5-2-1 ATS in their last games on the road
- Grizzlies are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- Grizzlies are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games vs. West teams
Houston Rockets Trends
- Rockets are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games on second game of a back-to-back
- Rockets are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games at home
- Rockets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. West teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports