Energetic, bright, warm-hearted, intelligent and able: the spirit of the horse has an unremitting efforts to improve. This year will be full of changes. According to the Chinese astrology calendar, the Year of the Horse will start on the first day of spring Feb. 4, 2014 (Chinese Time). It will be the time when the sun enters the 315th degree on the tropical zodiac.
The Year of the Wood Horse, 2014 is the year where leaders will find a way to make a difference and make things happen. The start of spring is at 17:04 p.m., Feb. 3, in the U.S. eastern standard time, 14:04 p.m. Feb. 3, in Pacific standard time and the Year of the Horse will start early in the U.S.
Here are the five things to know about the Year of the Horse:
1. People who are born under the Year of the Horse are known for their ingenious communication skills. They are clever, not afraid to venture in their careers and kind to others. Cheerful and perceptive, the Horse people are talented and witty. They are earthy but also stubborn and know how to work the crowd.
2. The weaknesses of people under this sign come with too much constraints and their interests may be only superficial. Impatient and hot blooded, Horse people are known to be independent and rarely listen to advice. They have a strong endurance which is admirable, but they also have a bad temper. They know how to pursue high-profile careers but do not know how to manage their finances because of the lack of budgetary efficiency.
3. The year 2014 is full of luck but people have to apply due diligence to enjoy the luck that this year brings. Luck can also soften the blows when there is problem. Bad luck is going to be rare this year. People can start venturing to other directions with more confidence and make major changes in their lives.
4. People who are born under the sign of Aries, Leo and Sagittarius will have their work and responsibilities as their main focus. Their careers will flourish and money-making potential is going to be successful. People born under the sign of Cancer, Scorpio and Pieces are going to enjoy traveling, romance and even learn a new language.
5. Although luck is on 2014's side, the wrath of 2013 is going to continue. The flooding in the Philippines and earthquakes in Japan, Bulgaria and Northern Italy are only a beginning. More flooding will occur in unexpected places and strange weather patterns are going to continue.
To contact the editor, e-mail: