10 teams play in the NBA on Christmas Day and all would rather play naughty than nice as they take on their respective rivals. The Christmas spirit is about giving— but all teams don’t want to be on the receiving end of a loss in these match-ups.
Betting Lines: Chicago Bulls (-2.5) vs. Brooklyn Nets (O/U: 187.5)
Game time: 3:00 a.m. AEDT
Two struggling teams— especially with injuries-- open December 25th as the Bulls visit the Nets. Both squads have lost four of their last five games. Chicago snapped a four-game losing streak after winning against the Cleveland Cavaliers, 100-84 last Saturday. Brooklyn looks to avoid a four-game losing streak after losing to Washington, Philadelphia and most recently, Indiana last Monday.
Picks: Chicago to Win, Brooklyn ATS, Under 187.5 – The Nets are in total disarray while the Bulls are at least trying—courtesy of Joakim Noah (11 points and 18 rebounds vs. CLE) and Carlos Boozer (19 points and 9 rebounds). They also got surprise contributions from D.J Augustin (18 points and 10 assists) and Tony Snell (17 points). That said, the line is too low that it’s suspect. Look for a close low-scoring ballgame with the Bulls coming out on top but not covering the spread.
Chicago Bulls Trends
- Bulls are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games
- Bulls are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- Bulls are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Atlantic division teams
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- Nets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Central division teams
- Nets are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games at home
- Nets are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games after a day’s rest
Betting Lines: Oklahoma City Thunder (-8) vs. New York Knicks (O/U: 200.0)
Game time: 5:30 a.m. AEDT
The Thunder are one of the hottest teams in the league winning 15 of their last 17 games but coming off a surprising home loss to the lowly Toronto Raptors, 104-to-98 last Sunday. No surprise in the Knicks camp though as they are still one of the worst teams in the league and definitely one of the most disappointing being 9 games below the 0.500 mark (9-18) — far from being East contenders they were pegged preseason.
Picks: Oklahoma City ATS, Over 200.0 – This game could get ugly early. The Thunder are first in the league in rebounding (47.4 RPG) while the Knicks are second-to-last (38.7 RPG). New York might also miss the services of its lone star in Carmelo Anthony, who sprained his left ankle in NY’s win over the Orlando Magic last Monday.
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- Thunder are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- Thunder are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games
- Thunder are 12-5 ATS in their last 17 games vs. Atlantic division teams
New York Knicks Trends
- Knicks are 28-12-2 ATS in their last 42 games vs. Northwest division teams
- Knicks are 3-11 ATS in their last 14 games at home
- Knicks are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games vs. West teams
Subscribe to NBA League Pass to watch the Bulls vs. Nets and Thunder vs. Knicks and other games on Christmas Day.
To contact the editor, e-mail: