Guerrilla Games, developer of PlayStation 4 exclusive FPS game Killzone Shadow Fall, has announced the release of Patch 1.07. The new patch fixes some of the in-game issues, as well as fixes several bugs.
The patch also allows players to talk to other players in-game, by adding voice chat into the game. The voice chat needs to be enabled by the player.
This new update allows team-based voice chat which will immediately detect if the user speaks and will broadcast it automatically; no button is required to do that. The patch adds support for color-blind players, personalization of multiplayer characters and improvements to the in-game radar.
A free multiplayer weekend is being hosted by the game from 28 December onwards that gives a chance for PlayStation 4 owners to try out the game and purchase it, if they like it.
The game was released on 15 November and is the sixth title in the Killzone series.
Below is the complete list of improvements added by patch 1.07 (Killzone Shadow Fall Forum):
- Added team-based in-game voice chat.
- Added the ability to mute specific players to the in-game scoreboard.
- Added the ability to mute all players to the Audio options menu.
- Added support for color blindness to the Display options menu.
- Added the ability to allow/disallow voice chat in Custom Warzones.
- Added support for multiplayer voice packs
- Updated the multiplayer personalization menus with voice pack and skin support.
- Added links to DLC content on PlayStation Store in areas where DLC and personalization packs can be selected or used.
- Added an explanation of Warzones to the main menu (visible only to first-time multiplayer players).
- Added the ability for players to delete their moderated Warzones.
- Updated the Remote Play button assignment.
- Increased the running speed while using the Cloak ability.
- Added an Invite-to-Party button to player cards.
- Removed the checkpoint text when not saving to disc, to make it less confusing for players.
- Increased the brightness on The Handler, section Last Stand to make spotting enemies less difficult.
- Increased the size of the objective icon and changed the image to make it more visible to players.
- Added a new Warzone customization option: Disable weapon drops.
- Added a suicide option to the multiplayer options menu.
- Changed the color of party members on the radar to blue.
- Removed the player's rank/challenges completed from the in-game scoreboard.
- Added base camp turret icons to the radar.
To contact the editor, e-mail: