Gaming News: GTA 5 Online Exploits Continue; Assassin’s Creed 4 Patch Detailed; Borderlands 2 $100K Loothunt Stats
By Gel Galang | December 23, 2013 1:04 PM EST
"GTA 5" is, without a doubt, one of the games that made 2013 worth waiting for, at least for most gamers. But of course, being one of the "it" games of the year, the position also puts "GTA 5 Online" at an angle that many modders and hackers would tend to find attractive.
This is probably the reason why, despite the bug fixes that Rockstar Games has rolled out, there are still a couple of glitches and exploits in the game found by these certain individuals.
For instance, Xplore Gaming reports that a recent threat now seems to be the tendency of some players to hack into the GTA$ and then distribute them to random games via the servers.
While this seems like a Robin Hood in action, it does affect the economy of "GTA 5," especially when those who hack into the systems prove to be impossible to stop. It doesn't help that, according to the report, some players who may not be expecting the gift, can also be charged with the cheating. This is seen when the players end up in the cheater's pool for up to a month at a time, after receiving the large sums of money.
One tip that the report gives is to stay away from suspicious characters in "GTA 5 Online," so that players avoid becoming one of the hackers' targets.
*Telltale Games and its three games: "Tales from the Borderlands," "The Walking Dead Season 2" and "Game of Thrones." Check out what you should look forward to in these games.
'Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag' gets the PhysX Treatment
The world of pirates and stealth just got a lot smokier in "Assassin's Creed 4" as the latest NVIDIA PhysX patch was released for the PC version of the game.
According to the GeForce Web site, shadows were enhanced using the NVIDIA Percentage-Closer Soft Shadows, shading was enhanced with the NVIDIA HBAO + Ambient Occlusion and light rays were now included using the NVIDIA-developed DirectX 11, tessellated technique. And the NVIDIA PhysX effects were responsible for improving the realism aspect in the game effects.
GeForce provides a video demonstrating the changes in the effects, and as can be seen, there are noticeable effects in the smoke bombs, camp fires, torches and even firearms in "Assassin's Creed 4."
What also adds to the realism aspect is the Particle Shadow Mapping technology, which will let the effects cast shadows over one another for better image quality.
For those interested in "Assassin's Creed 4" and the changes in the game for the PC can get it in the NVIDIA GeForce GTX Holiday bundle, which lets buyers get three games and up to $100 off the cost of a NVIDIA Shield from any North American retailers. It's one of the games that gamers can expect to enjoy, along with the rumoured two more "Assassin's Creed" games in 2014.
*The Xbox One may need the promised eternal support for the hard drive a little earlier. Read here to know why.
$1M Loothunt for 'Borderlands 2' Gathers Stats
Gearbox Software and 2K Games have previously announced the "Borderlands 2" that took place from October to November. Now that the event is closed, with winners taking their respective rewards, the developers have released an illustrated stats count for "Borderlands 2."
IGN has the infographics at the link, but there were a number of interesting statistics gathered from the month-long event. For instance, Axton took the bag for being the character with the most number of players, followed by Maya, then Salvador, Zero, and Gaige, with Krieg taking the last spot at 7 per cent.
*The Xbox One and PS4 compared in terms of energy consumption: Who wins this round? Read here for more.
In terms of weapons, a whopping total of 28,651,011 guns have been looted, with the most popular being the Gunerang. Over at the enemy camp, 516,812,670 enemies have been killed, with Anchormen, Torgue Thrashers and Buzzards taking the top three spots in terms of most hated enemies.
A little something to look forward to for the Christmas season is the Christmas-themed DLC for "Borderlands 2," titled How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day, already out for download and featuring a couple of enemies and heads.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 1520: How to Downgrade to Get Lumia Cyan Update for Preview for Developers
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- HTC One M8: Red and Pink Colour Choices Confirmed in the UK, Pre-Orders on Android Smartphone Now Available with Free Dot View Case
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Breakdown for Developer and Unlocked Version
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide