Rockstar announced its latest online update for GTA 5 with four new game modes after the classic "capture the flag." The update is set for release on Dec. 19 and it includes 20 new jobs available for free on the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live.
Raid is one of the new game modes where players will battle their way to enemy bases, steal packages and return it back to their bases to score points. Several new jobs for this game mode have already been outlined, with one being in the Fort Zancudo Air Base that will include fighter jets and one in Vespucci Beach in Los Santos.
One new game mode is simply called "GTA," where players aim to high-jack vehicles before they safely take it back to the base. Rounding the update up is "Hold," where teams aim to get as many packages as possible. There are either just found on the map or stolen. "Contend" on the other hand has only one package to fight over for.
Rockstar also brought a host of dynamic tuning and fix updates with this release. Below are the complete patch notes for GTA 5 Title Update 1.08 from Rockstar Games:
- Increased cash payouts for losing teams in Last Team standing and Team Deathmatch.
- Increased the cash and RP rewards for Races with multiple laps.
- Cash payouts for Parachuting now take points scored into account.
- Improved spawning for Deathmatches where the spawn points were previously very far apart.
- Improved support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Russian in the Creator.
- Calling the mechanic now shows you if a vehicle on the list is destroyed or impounded.
- Team balancing does a better job of putting friends and crew members together.
- BETA Crew Head to Head matches are now available to play. To initiate a Crew Head to Head, you'll need to create a Playlist that does not contain Vehicle Deathmatches, Survivals or any Jobs that require more than 2 teams. From there, go into My Playlists and you'll see a prompt for Head to Head (BETA). This will launch the lobby and you'll be able to invite other players from your Crew, Friend's Crews or Skill Matched Crews.
- Player blips no longer remain red on Missions when the player has a Bounty.
- Players who end a Race as DNF are now awarded cash relevant to the amount of checkpoints they passed through during the course of the Race.
- Players who race solo now earn cash. Previously, zero cash was awarded for a solo race.
- Last Team Standing, Capture and Missions are separated out in the Create Playlist menu.
- Small deduction to the amount of cash the winners of Races, Parachuting and Last Team Standing matches receive in order to increase payouts for all other participants.
- Masks are now removed during Races where a helmet is required and are also removed by default when a player uses the Smoking animation.
- The Purchase All Ammo option now charges the full value of filling all player held weapons with ammo.
- Fixes an issue where GTA Online players could reach North Yankton.
- Fixes a rare issue where characters could be lost if the player attempted to join GTA Online when disconnected from the Network.
- Fixes for various duplicate vehicle exploits.
- Fixes issues when using the Character Select from inside the Creator.
- Fixes issues with ammo vanishing after testing a Deathmatch in the Creator.
- Fixes exploits of the Fastest Lap bonus.
- Glasses from the Beach Bum update now appear in the inventory menu.
- Players in Tanks now have more protection from other players attempting to deliberately give them a Bad Sport rating.
- Bad Sport timers now read properly and show the correct time left in the Bad Sport lobby instead of "00d00h00m".
The news also announces the release of GTA: San Andreas mobile version for a couple of iOS devices but signs on the promised DLC story mode is nowhere to be found.
To contact the editor, e-mail: