Known as one of the biggest star of today's generation, Justin Bieber is allegedly retiring from the crazy world of show business. The 19-year-old YouTube sensation candidly announced his retirement during an interview with L.A. hip-hop station Power 106.
Bieber explained that after he releases his upcoming album "Journals" on Dec. 23 he will retire from being a singer. "After the new album, I'm actually, I'm retiring, man, I'm retiring," said Justin to host Big Boy of Power 106, adding, "I'm retiring, I'm just gonna take some time. I think I'm probably gonna quit music."
But according to a reliable source, the announcement is just a big joke. "He's got too much going on," says the source to PEOPLE magazine.
Aside from his album, the Canadian pop idol is going to release his movie "Believe" on Christmas Day which is a huge treat to all "Beliebers." But then again, the teen phenom wasn't sure if the joke was really joke when he was asked by MTV's Christina Garibaldi during the premiere red carpet of "Believe."
When asked if he can elaborate the joke, Bieber responded with a serious face. "I don't know if that's a joke. I don't know. I don't know," answered Bieber.
Since Justin can't make up his mind, here are the five reasons why he should retire:
1. Jokes are half meant. Whether Bieber is joking or not the young singer is probably thinking of retiring the business after a series of missteps this year. According to his manager, Scooter Braun, Bieber is going to have a short break to make time "for himself." Although he assured "Beliebers" that the pop star is going back to the studio where he belongs, this could be a start for Bieber to think about his priorities.
2. Spend more time with family. Since he started making music and got his big break the young singer was too busy with left and right appearances that family time is not an option. Now that he already established his name in the music industry, it is time for him to have a step back and spend time with the people that matters to him. "I wanna get to know my family more," said Bieber to MTV News during his red carpet event.
3. He is too young. Bieber started his career at the age of 14 and since then he faced all the harsh realities of Hollywood where all his actions was magnified. All his decisions are widely criticized especially concerning the issue as of late - the graffiti incident and the controversial trip to Amsterdam. His retirement will give him the opportunity to make mistakes without the whole world judging him.
4. Retire as a Boy, comeback as a Man. Enough with the prostitutes, corny jokes and childish drama. Bieber needs to man it up and act accordingly for millions of "Beliebers" who look up to him.
5. And on the lighter side, Bieber needs to retire so he can learn how to pull up his ever falling pants. Seriously, what's up with the falling pants? Justin needs to overhaul his closet and burn those baggy pants. He is almost 20 and he needs to let go of his baggy clothes and suit up so people will take him seriously.
To contact the editor, e-mail: