UFO Sightings: Witnesses Spotted UFOs Hovering Over Mt Annan and Cleveland, Queensland
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 19, 2013 3:44 PM EST
An anonymous witness reported about spotting UFOs hovering over Mt Annan on December 1 with images of the mysterious light moving across the night sky sent to the Macarthur Chronicle. A week later, other witnesses shared their similar UFO sighting experience that happened as far as Cleveland, Queensland and even in southern California.
The Mt Annan witness, a local business owner who did not want to reveal her name, recounted how she and her family noticed four UFOs pass over their house. "They were very high up in the sky, too high for a helicopter and distinctly round and definitely not a plane of any sort. They glided very fast and with no sound. The first was a green glowing disc, the shape was very prominent. We watched in amazement as it travelled from Campbelltown directly over the Cascades and towards Camden," the witness shared.
She further added that the UFOs were moving slowly so they were able to watch it with another unidentified flying object in white colour appearing five minutes later. Larraine Cilia, the UFO Paranormal Research Society President, confirmed that UFO activity has been happening in the region for the past six months including the black triangle that she saw in August just outside the Campbelltown Arts Centre.
However, John Rombi of the Macarthur Astronomical Society declared that the object spotted passing over Mt Annan could have been a meteorite or space junk coming into Earth's atmosphere. Mr Rombi further added that when people see something appearing in the sky, their first impulse is to call it UFO.
"As astronomers we can identify the majority of things we see in the sky, but not everyone is this well trained and when they see something like this, their first thought is to call it a UFO," John Rombi stated in the Telegraph report.
In Cleveland, Queensland, the unnamed male witness shared that he was taking out the trash when he saw the strange lights at 11 p.m. on Thursday, December 5. Click HERE to see the shared images.
"The whole thing only lasted a few minutes but it wasn't until I looked more closely at the images I wondered what I had actually taken. There were no planes in the area at the time of taking the photos that I could see," the witness recounted. The other male witness from California revealed that he spotted the UFOs up in the clear night skies on Saturday, December 7, coming from the north west direction then headed south east afterwards.
More Articles to Read:
2013 Geminid Meteor Shower: 2 More Days to Watch the Meteor Shower, Captured Images Shared Online Show Stunning Sky Display - [READ]
2013 Comet Lovejoy: Stony Brook University Astronomer and Professor Jin Koda Tracks and Studies Comet Lovejoy, Captured Images Surface Online - [READ]
2013 Comet Lovejoy: Captured Image from Subaru Telescope's Suprime-Cam Clearly Show Comet's Tail - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where and How to Best View Delta Aquarids Meteor Shower Peak on July 28 and 29
- iPhone 6 releasing Soon, Use Old Smartphones to Save Rainforest
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market