Intense Tattoos of Celebrities
By Rachelle Corpuz | December 19, 2013 2:35 PM EST
Anyone can get tattooed. Getting tattoos is a way of expressing yourself. People get tattoos to represent something special that has happened to their lives. Other people get tattoos as a form of eccentric art. Celebrities are no exception. Here are some of the most intense tattoos of celebrities.
American rapper The Game got the image of the late South African leader Nelson Mandela tattooed on the side of his body. It was his way of paying tribute to the anti-apartheid hero. Aside from Mandela, The Game also has Barack Obama and Travon Martin, the 17-year-old who was shot and killed by George Zimmerman in 2012, tattooed on his body.
English singer Cheryl Cole has a tattoo of English roses on her back that reaches all the way down to both sides of her butt cheeks. She received different criticisms about the humungous tattoo but she couldn't really care less. "People are entitled to their own opinion," Cole said.
Miley Cyrus has the word "Karma" tattooed on her right index finger, written in small lowercase letters.
"Karma" is a Hindu belief and the former Disney princess is Christian. Some people raised their eyebrows when Miley got the tattoo because it was a sign that she may be interested with Hinduism as well as with other Hindu concepts.
Zayn Malik has a large tattoo of his fiancée Perrie Edwards on his left arm. He sure knows how to express his love and affection to the Little Mix songstress. Zayn got the tattoo back in June, even before the couple announced their engagement. Zayn's tattoo of Perrie only means that their relationship is a solid one.
Justin Bieber has a tattoo of an image of Jesus Christ on his left leg. It was an image of Jesus Christ wearing a crown of thorns. The Canadian teen heartthrob is a devout Christian. He was raised in a religious household. He said once in an interview that he believes in God and that Jesus Christ died for his sins. He believes that Jesus Christ is the reason why he has been successful in his career so he thinks it is just proper to honour Him.
Katy Perry got the word "Jesus" tattooed under her left wrist when she was 18. She was raised as a Christian and she used to sing in churches. There is no doubt that this tattoo speaks of her spiritual background.
Harry Styles got a tattoo of American football team Green Bay Packers on his arm. Harry reportedly had to get the Green Bay Packers logo inked on his arm after losing a bet with his American friend. His friend is a big Packers fan and the two had a deal that if the Packers won the next day, the One Direction singer would get the logo tattooed on his arm.
Tattoos have grown in popularity. Anyone can have a tattoo. No one can question the people who want to get tattooed. Celebrities, even ordinary people, can get inked to honour memories, tributes, and their passions in life. However, some tattoos come from merely bad ideas. Tattoos are wonderful. If you are thinking of getting a tattoo and it means something, why not go for it?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand and Arya's Nymeria As Possible Ferocious Forces in New HBO Chapter
- The Bachelor 2014 Update: Nikki Ferrell Sparks Split News Amid Juan Pablo’s Cheating Reports; Find out the Truth
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People