Have you been experiencing random reboots on your Nokia Lumia 1020? Some owners had run into the same issues with their phone. Sometimes, the phone freezes or becomes unresponsive or it restarts itself. There is a possibility that the random rebooting is due to specific apps or services.
Here are a few tips from digitaltrends.com to fix your Lumia 1020's random reboots or freezes:
1. Make sure that your apps are turned off properly by using the "Back" key when you exit apps so they are not running in the background.
2. Try a soft reset. Hold the "volume down" and "power" buttons until the phone vibrates.
3. Update Windows Phone. The lag may be caused by the out of date Widows Phone. Try checking by going to the "Settings" menu, choose "phone update" then "check for updates."
4. You can do factory reset if you want to wipe your phone. Go to the "Settings" menu; choose "about" then "reset your phone."
5. If the Lumia 1020 becomes unresponsive you can do a hard reset by pressing the "volume down" button and connecting your charger. An exclamation mark will appear on the screen. When the exclamation mark appeared, press the following keys in order: volume up, volume down, power, and volume down again.
If none of the above tips worked, contact your retailer, carrier or Nokia for further inquiry. Your handset might need to be replaced.
To contact the editor, e-mail: