When two of the league’s best teams meet on Wednesday night, one team could be missing its best player. The Indiana Pacers will visit the Miami Heat, which could be without LeBron James after rolling his ankle in his previous game.
The injury appears to be a big blow for the Heat, which got beat by the Pacers, 90-84, on Dec 10 in Indiana. James only had 17 points on 6-of-16 shooting in that game and also had 5 turnovers.
The Pacers were led by four players in double-figure scoring. Roy Hibbert had 24 points even as Paul George and David West chipped in with 17 markers apiece.
Miami is coming off back-to-back wins over the Cleveland Cavaliers, 114-107, and the Utah Jazz, 117-94
The Pacers have the league's best defense, allowing only 90.0 per game this season but are coming off a surprising home 101-96 loss to the Detroit Pistons.
Subscribe to NBA League Pass to watch the Pacers vs. Heat and other games on Wednesday.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Indiana Pacers Trends
- Pacers are 16-7 ATS in their last 23 games
- Pacers are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games on the road
- Pacers are 27-10 ATS in their last 37 games after a loss
- Pacers are 11-1 ATS in their last 12 games after an ATS loss
Miami Heat Trends
- The home team is 5-0 ATS in the last 5 meetings between IND-MIA
- Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Central division teams
- Heat are 5-12 ATS in their last 17 games after an ATS win
- Heat are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. East teams
To contact the editor, e-mail: