Katy Perry Lip Sync Fail: What Really Happened During the NRJ Music Awards [VIDEO]
By Christine Lazaro | December 18, 2013 5:07 PM EST
The past weekend has not been too good for 'Roar' singer Katy Perry. She suffered from a major lip sync fail during the 15th annual NRJ Music Awards held in Cannes.
According to Huffington Post, the back track was misaligned with her singing abilities to make anyone watching it wonder what really happened behind the major failed performance. In the video, a French host appears in the middle of Katy Perry's performance and said something in French which when translated in English says: "If you don't mind, we can restart. We had a little problem."
This made everyone think that the technical problem encountered is that the show was playing the wrong back track for the singer. It still added though to the concluding impression that the singer was not doing live vocals. However, when the song began again, Ms Perry appeared singing live already.
It can be easily detected how awkward the singer felt especially with the mixed emotions of being embarrassed. Just like what Yahoo Launch Australia wrote, it's hard to tell whether it is more embarrassing to be caught lip syncing or having to start all over again.
She took home two awards during the Cannes event including the International Song of the Year for her hit song 'Roar.' The California Girl appeared stunning during the red carpet portion of the event wearing a gold and beige dress and topped off with a high ponytail hairstyle.
Luckily, Katy Perry may have suffered during the first part of the performance but eventually redeemed herself well enough for delivering a live and powerful performance like she always does. Kudos to Katy for roaring her way back on the show!
On recent news, the NRJ Music Awards took the blame for the alleged failed performance of Katy Perry releasing a statement reported by The Wrap. It said: "Katy Perry sang live during the NRJ Music Awards in Cannes on Saturday night, but unfortunately a bad soundtrack was accidentally launched, taking over the live performance of Katy at the beginning of the delivery tube of the 'Roar.' TF1 and NRJ present their apologies to Katy Perry... for this technical problem beyond our control."
(Video Credit: YouTube/MrKindeurPingouin)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date