Katy Perry Lip Sync Fail: What Really Happened During the NRJ Music Awards [VIDEO]
By Christine Lazaro | December 18, 2013 5:07 PM EST
The past weekend has not been too good for 'Roar' singer Katy Perry. She suffered from a major lip sync fail during the 15th annual NRJ Music Awards held in Cannes.
According to Huffington Post, the back track was misaligned with her singing abilities to make anyone watching it wonder what really happened behind the major failed performance. In the video, a French host appears in the middle of Katy Perry's performance and said something in French which when translated in English says: "If you don't mind, we can restart. We had a little problem."
This made everyone think that the technical problem encountered is that the show was playing the wrong back track for the singer. It still added though to the concluding impression that the singer was not doing live vocals. However, when the song began again, Ms Perry appeared singing live already.
It can be easily detected how awkward the singer felt especially with the mixed emotions of being embarrassed. Just like what Yahoo Launch Australia wrote, it's hard to tell whether it is more embarrassing to be caught lip syncing or having to start all over again.
She took home two awards during the Cannes event including the International Song of the Year for her hit song 'Roar.' The California Girl appeared stunning during the red carpet portion of the event wearing a gold and beige dress and topped off with a high ponytail hairstyle.
Luckily, Katy Perry may have suffered during the first part of the performance but eventually redeemed herself well enough for delivering a live and powerful performance like she always does. Kudos to Katy for roaring her way back on the show!
On recent news, the NRJ Music Awards took the blame for the alleged failed performance of Katy Perry releasing a statement reported by The Wrap. It said: "Katy Perry sang live during the NRJ Music Awards in Cannes on Saturday night, but unfortunately a bad soundtrack was accidentally launched, taking over the live performance of Katy at the beginning of the delivery tube of the 'Roar.' TF1 and NRJ present their apologies to Katy Perry... for this technical problem beyond our control."
(Video Credit: YouTube/MrKindeurPingouin)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design