Katy Perry Lip Sync Fail: What Really Happened During the NRJ Music Awards [VIDEO]
By Christine Lazaro | December 18, 2013 5:07 PM EST
The past weekend has not been too good for 'Roar' singer Katy Perry. She suffered from a major lip sync fail during the 15th annual NRJ Music Awards held in Cannes.
According to Huffington Post, the back track was misaligned with her singing abilities to make anyone watching it wonder what really happened behind the major failed performance. In the video, a French host appears in the middle of Katy Perry's performance and said something in French which when translated in English says: "If you don't mind, we can restart. We had a little problem."
This made everyone think that the technical problem encountered is that the show was playing the wrong back track for the singer. It still added though to the concluding impression that the singer was not doing live vocals. However, when the song began again, Ms Perry appeared singing live already.
It can be easily detected how awkward the singer felt especially with the mixed emotions of being embarrassed. Just like what Yahoo Launch Australia wrote, it's hard to tell whether it is more embarrassing to be caught lip syncing or having to start all over again.
She took home two awards during the Cannes event including the International Song of the Year for her hit song 'Roar.' The California Girl appeared stunning during the red carpet portion of the event wearing a gold and beige dress and topped off with a high ponytail hairstyle.
Luckily, Katy Perry may have suffered during the first part of the performance but eventually redeemed herself well enough for delivering a live and powerful performance like she always does. Kudos to Katy for roaring her way back on the show!
On recent news, the NRJ Music Awards took the blame for the alleged failed performance of Katy Perry releasing a statement reported by The Wrap. It said: "Katy Perry sang live during the NRJ Music Awards in Cannes on Saturday night, but unfortunately a bad soundtrack was accidentally launched, taking over the live performance of Katy at the beginning of the delivery tube of the 'Roar.' TF1 and NRJ present their apologies to Katy Perry... for this technical problem beyond our control."
(Video Credit: YouTube/MrKindeurPingouin)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People