Katy Perry Lip Sync Fail: What Really Happened During the NRJ Music Awards [VIDEO]
By Christine Lazaro | December 18, 2013 5:07 PM EST
The past weekend has not been too good for 'Roar' singer Katy Perry. She suffered from a major lip sync fail during the 15th annual NRJ Music Awards held in Cannes.
According to Huffington Post, the back track was misaligned with her singing abilities to make anyone watching it wonder what really happened behind the major failed performance. In the video, a French host appears in the middle of Katy Perry's performance and said something in French which when translated in English says: "If you don't mind, we can restart. We had a little problem."
This made everyone think that the technical problem encountered is that the show was playing the wrong back track for the singer. It still added though to the concluding impression that the singer was not doing live vocals. However, when the song began again, Ms Perry appeared singing live already.
It can be easily detected how awkward the singer felt especially with the mixed emotions of being embarrassed. Just like what Yahoo Launch Australia wrote, it's hard to tell whether it is more embarrassing to be caught lip syncing or having to start all over again.
She took home two awards during the Cannes event including the International Song of the Year for her hit song 'Roar.' The California Girl appeared stunning during the red carpet portion of the event wearing a gold and beige dress and topped off with a high ponytail hairstyle.
Luckily, Katy Perry may have suffered during the first part of the performance but eventually redeemed herself well enough for delivering a live and powerful performance like she always does. Kudos to Katy for roaring her way back on the show!
On recent news, the NRJ Music Awards took the blame for the alleged failed performance of Katy Perry releasing a statement reported by The Wrap. It said: "Katy Perry sang live during the NRJ Music Awards in Cannes on Saturday night, but unfortunately a bad soundtrack was accidentally launched, taking over the live performance of Katy at the beginning of the delivery tube of the 'Roar.' TF1 and NRJ present their apologies to Katy Perry... for this technical problem beyond our control."
(Video Credit: YouTube/MrKindeurPingouin)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS