Katy Perry Lip Sync Fail: What Really Happened During the NRJ Music Awards [VIDEO]
By Christine Lazaro | December 18, 2013 5:07 PM EST
The past weekend has not been too good for 'Roar' singer Katy Perry. She suffered from a major lip sync fail during the 15th annual NRJ Music Awards held in Cannes.
According to Huffington Post, the back track was misaligned with her singing abilities to make anyone watching it wonder what really happened behind the major failed performance. In the video, a French host appears in the middle of Katy Perry's performance and said something in French which when translated in English says: "If you don't mind, we can restart. We had a little problem."
This made everyone think that the technical problem encountered is that the show was playing the wrong back track for the singer. It still added though to the concluding impression that the singer was not doing live vocals. However, when the song began again, Ms Perry appeared singing live already.
It can be easily detected how awkward the singer felt especially with the mixed emotions of being embarrassed. Just like what Yahoo Launch Australia wrote, it's hard to tell whether it is more embarrassing to be caught lip syncing or having to start all over again.
She took home two awards during the Cannes event including the International Song of the Year for her hit song 'Roar.' The California Girl appeared stunning during the red carpet portion of the event wearing a gold and beige dress and topped off with a high ponytail hairstyle.
Luckily, Katy Perry may have suffered during the first part of the performance but eventually redeemed herself well enough for delivering a live and powerful performance like she always does. Kudos to Katy for roaring her way back on the show!
On recent news, the NRJ Music Awards took the blame for the alleged failed performance of Katy Perry releasing a statement reported by The Wrap. It said: "Katy Perry sang live during the NRJ Music Awards in Cannes on Saturday night, but unfortunately a bad soundtrack was accidentally launched, taking over the live performance of Katy at the beginning of the delivery tube of the 'Roar.' TF1 and NRJ present their apologies to Katy Perry... for this technical problem beyond our control."
(Video Credit: YouTube/MrKindeurPingouin)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu