Daniel Radcliffe: 'Harry Potter' Star Talks About Filming His First Gay Sex Scene in 'Kill Your Darlings'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 18, 2013 4:39 PM EST
Daniel Radcliffe will always be linked to the character that made him famous, author J.K. Rowling's wizard Harry Potter, but the 24-year-old English actor continues to move forward in his career with interesting movie roles that can develop his acting skills. In the "Kill Your Darlings" film, Daniel Radcliffe portrays gay Beat poet Allen Ginsberg and the young actor talked about filming his first gay sex scene with co-star Dane DeHaan.
Mr Radcliffe revealed in the Mail Online report that he found filming the sex scene funny instead of getting nervous for doing it the first time. "With the sex scene, it was shot so quickly, we didn't have time to get nervous. You just had to dive in and go for it. It was a battle to stop me from laughing a lot of the time, to be honest, just because it's that sort of nervous laughter," the actor shared in the Sydney Morning Herald report.
Daniel Radcliffe has chosen to walk through the path of more mature movie roles and they really are a far cry from the young and innocent Harry Potter character. "People have been telling me that my choices are risky since I was 17. When people say, 'That's a risk', what they often mean is, 'We don't know what that's going to be.' Which is a perfectly fine way to enter into something. People are either going to love it or not," the actor shared.
"Kill Your Darlings" is a murder-mystery film that focuses around Allen Ginsber's obsession with Lucian Carr (Dane DeHaan), whose lover David Kammerer (Michael C. Hall) came to a gruesome end. The film released on Friday, December 6, also stars Jack Huston, Elizabeth Olsen and Ben Foster.
As for Daniel Radcliffe's upcoming movie roles, the actor will be portraying former British Olympian Sebastian Coe in "Gold," the hunchbacked lab assistant Igor in "Frankenstein," a loner who uses his special powers in tracking down the killer of his girlfriend in the fantasy feature film titled "Horns." Another film Daniel Radcliffe is set to star in is the Irish-Canadian romantic comedy titled "The F Word."
More Articles to Read:
Jennifer Lawrence: Flare Magazine Slammed For Photoshopped 2011 Cover of 'The Hunger Games' Actress - [READ]
Meadow Walker: Paul Walker's Teenage Daughter Showing Strength After 'Fast and Furious' Actor's Tragic Death - [READ]
'Teen Wolf' Season 3B: MTV Releases New and Longer Promo Video Featuring a Bloody Stiles [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports