Daniel Radcliffe: 'Harry Potter' Star Talks About Filming His First Gay Sex Scene in 'Kill Your Darlings'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 18, 2013 4:39 PM EST
Daniel Radcliffe will always be linked to the character that made him famous, author J.K. Rowling's wizard Harry Potter, but the 24-year-old English actor continues to move forward in his career with interesting movie roles that can develop his acting skills. In the "Kill Your Darlings" film, Daniel Radcliffe portrays gay Beat poet Allen Ginsberg and the young actor talked about filming his first gay sex scene with co-star Dane DeHaan.
Mr Radcliffe revealed in the Mail Online report that he found filming the sex scene funny instead of getting nervous for doing it the first time. "With the sex scene, it was shot so quickly, we didn't have time to get nervous. You just had to dive in and go for it. It was a battle to stop me from laughing a lot of the time, to be honest, just because it's that sort of nervous laughter," the actor shared in the Sydney Morning Herald report.
Daniel Radcliffe has chosen to walk through the path of more mature movie roles and they really are a far cry from the young and innocent Harry Potter character. "People have been telling me that my choices are risky since I was 17. When people say, 'That's a risk', what they often mean is, 'We don't know what that's going to be.' Which is a perfectly fine way to enter into something. People are either going to love it or not," the actor shared.
"Kill Your Darlings" is a murder-mystery film that focuses around Allen Ginsber's obsession with Lucian Carr (Dane DeHaan), whose lover David Kammerer (Michael C. Hall) came to a gruesome end. The film released on Friday, December 6, also stars Jack Huston, Elizabeth Olsen and Ben Foster.
As for Daniel Radcliffe's upcoming movie roles, the actor will be portraying former British Olympian Sebastian Coe in "Gold," the hunchbacked lab assistant Igor in "Frankenstein," a loner who uses his special powers in tracking down the killer of his girlfriend in the fantasy feature film titled "Horns." Another film Daniel Radcliffe is set to star in is the Irish-Canadian romantic comedy titled "The F Word."
More Articles to Read:
Jennifer Lawrence: Flare Magazine Slammed For Photoshopped 2011 Cover of 'The Hunger Games' Actress - [READ]
Meadow Walker: Paul Walker's Teenage Daughter Showing Strength After 'Fast and Furious' Actor's Tragic Death - [READ]
'Teen Wolf' Season 3B: MTV Releases New and Longer Promo Video Featuring a Bloody Stiles [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar