Daniel Radcliffe: 'Harry Potter' Star Talks About Filming His First Gay Sex Scene in 'Kill Your Darlings'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 18, 2013 4:39 PM EST
Daniel Radcliffe will always be linked to the character that made him famous, author J.K. Rowling's wizard Harry Potter, but the 24-year-old English actor continues to move forward in his career with interesting movie roles that can develop his acting skills. In the "Kill Your Darlings" film, Daniel Radcliffe portrays gay Beat poet Allen Ginsberg and the young actor talked about filming his first gay sex scene with co-star Dane DeHaan.
Mr Radcliffe revealed in the Mail Online report that he found filming the sex scene funny instead of getting nervous for doing it the first time. "With the sex scene, it was shot so quickly, we didn't have time to get nervous. You just had to dive in and go for it. It was a battle to stop me from laughing a lot of the time, to be honest, just because it's that sort of nervous laughter," the actor shared in the Sydney Morning Herald report.
Daniel Radcliffe has chosen to walk through the path of more mature movie roles and they really are a far cry from the young and innocent Harry Potter character. "People have been telling me that my choices are risky since I was 17. When people say, 'That's a risk', what they often mean is, 'We don't know what that's going to be.' Which is a perfectly fine way to enter into something. People are either going to love it or not," the actor shared.
"Kill Your Darlings" is a murder-mystery film that focuses around Allen Ginsber's obsession with Lucian Carr (Dane DeHaan), whose lover David Kammerer (Michael C. Hall) came to a gruesome end. The film released on Friday, December 6, also stars Jack Huston, Elizabeth Olsen and Ben Foster.
As for Daniel Radcliffe's upcoming movie roles, the actor will be portraying former British Olympian Sebastian Coe in "Gold," the hunchbacked lab assistant Igor in "Frankenstein," a loner who uses his special powers in tracking down the killer of his girlfriend in the fantasy feature film titled "Horns." Another film Daniel Radcliffe is set to star in is the Irish-Canadian romantic comedy titled "The F Word."
More Articles to Read:
Jennifer Lawrence: Flare Magazine Slammed For Photoshopped 2011 Cover of 'The Hunger Games' Actress - [READ]
Meadow Walker: Paul Walker's Teenage Daughter Showing Strength After 'Fast and Furious' Actor's Tragic Death - [READ]
'Teen Wolf' Season 3B: MTV Releases New and Longer Promo Video Featuring a Bloody Stiles [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes