Daniel Radcliffe: 'Harry Potter' Star Talks About Filming His First Gay Sex Scene in 'Kill Your Darlings'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 18, 2013 4:39 PM EST
Daniel Radcliffe will always be linked to the character that made him famous, author J.K. Rowling's wizard Harry Potter, but the 24-year-old English actor continues to move forward in his career with interesting movie roles that can develop his acting skills. In the "Kill Your Darlings" film, Daniel Radcliffe portrays gay Beat poet Allen Ginsberg and the young actor talked about filming his first gay sex scene with co-star Dane DeHaan.
Mr Radcliffe revealed in the Mail Online report that he found filming the sex scene funny instead of getting nervous for doing it the first time. "With the sex scene, it was shot so quickly, we didn't have time to get nervous. You just had to dive in and go for it. It was a battle to stop me from laughing a lot of the time, to be honest, just because it's that sort of nervous laughter," the actor shared in the Sydney Morning Herald report.
Daniel Radcliffe has chosen to walk through the path of more mature movie roles and they really are a far cry from the young and innocent Harry Potter character. "People have been telling me that my choices are risky since I was 17. When people say, 'That's a risk', what they often mean is, 'We don't know what that's going to be.' Which is a perfectly fine way to enter into something. People are either going to love it or not," the actor shared.
"Kill Your Darlings" is a murder-mystery film that focuses around Allen Ginsber's obsession with Lucian Carr (Dane DeHaan), whose lover David Kammerer (Michael C. Hall) came to a gruesome end. The film released on Friday, December 6, also stars Jack Huston, Elizabeth Olsen and Ben Foster.
As for Daniel Radcliffe's upcoming movie roles, the actor will be portraying former British Olympian Sebastian Coe in "Gold," the hunchbacked lab assistant Igor in "Frankenstein," a loner who uses his special powers in tracking down the killer of his girlfriend in the fantasy feature film titled "Horns." Another film Daniel Radcliffe is set to star in is the Irish-Canadian romantic comedy titled "The F Word."
More Articles to Read:
Jennifer Lawrence: Flare Magazine Slammed For Photoshopped 2011 Cover of 'The Hunger Games' Actress - [READ]
Meadow Walker: Paul Walker's Teenage Daughter Showing Strength After 'Fast and Furious' Actor's Tragic Death - [READ]
'Teen Wolf' Season 3B: MTV Releases New and Longer Promo Video Featuring a Bloody Stiles [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June