Daniel Radcliffe: 'Harry Potter' Star Talks About Filming His First Gay Sex Scene in 'Kill Your Darlings'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 18, 2013 4:39 PM EST
Daniel Radcliffe will always be linked to the character that made him famous, author J.K. Rowling's wizard Harry Potter, but the 24-year-old English actor continues to move forward in his career with interesting movie roles that can develop his acting skills. In the "Kill Your Darlings" film, Daniel Radcliffe portrays gay Beat poet Allen Ginsberg and the young actor talked about filming his first gay sex scene with co-star Dane DeHaan.
Mr Radcliffe revealed in the Mail Online report that he found filming the sex scene funny instead of getting nervous for doing it the first time. "With the sex scene, it was shot so quickly, we didn't have time to get nervous. You just had to dive in and go for it. It was a battle to stop me from laughing a lot of the time, to be honest, just because it's that sort of nervous laughter," the actor shared in the Sydney Morning Herald report.
Daniel Radcliffe has chosen to walk through the path of more mature movie roles and they really are a far cry from the young and innocent Harry Potter character. "People have been telling me that my choices are risky since I was 17. When people say, 'That's a risk', what they often mean is, 'We don't know what that's going to be.' Which is a perfectly fine way to enter into something. People are either going to love it or not," the actor shared.
"Kill Your Darlings" is a murder-mystery film that focuses around Allen Ginsber's obsession with Lucian Carr (Dane DeHaan), whose lover David Kammerer (Michael C. Hall) came to a gruesome end. The film released on Friday, December 6, also stars Jack Huston, Elizabeth Olsen and Ben Foster.
As for Daniel Radcliffe's upcoming movie roles, the actor will be portraying former British Olympian Sebastian Coe in "Gold," the hunchbacked lab assistant Igor in "Frankenstein," a loner who uses his special powers in tracking down the killer of his girlfriend in the fantasy feature film titled "Horns." Another film Daniel Radcliffe is set to star in is the Irish-Canadian romantic comedy titled "The F Word."
More Articles to Read:
Jennifer Lawrence: Flare Magazine Slammed For Photoshopped 2011 Cover of 'The Hunger Games' Actress - [READ]
Meadow Walker: Paul Walker's Teenage Daughter Showing Strength After 'Fast and Furious' Actor's Tragic Death - [READ]
'Teen Wolf' Season 3B: MTV Releases New and Longer Promo Video Featuring a Bloody Stiles [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles