One Direction's Harry Styles vs. Paparazzi: Styles Wins Court Order, Stops Paparazzi from Harassing Him

  • Rate this Story
  • 0
  • 0

By Janice Somosot | December 18, 2013 3:05 PM EST

One Direction's Harry Styles wins a court order vs. paparazzi. It will stop paparazzi from harassing him. Styles reportedly applied to the High Court in London for the said court order as a last resort. According to Styles' lawyer David Sherborne, Styles did this after previously asking photographers to stop following him voluntarily.

"This is not a privacy order," Sherborne told the court in a BBC report.

"Mr Styles is not trying to prevent fans approaching him in the street and taking photos."

"He remains happy to do that, as he always has."

"Rather, it is the method or tactics which have been used by a certain type of photographer," added Sherborne in the BBC report.

Meanwhile, Callum Galbraith, an entertainment and media solicitor at Hamlins law firm said that he did not think the court order would have a major impact on the singer's appeal.

19-year-old Styles was part of the reality singing competition "X Factor" in 2010. He was convinced to join other "X Factor" contestants Zayn Malik, Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan and Liam Payne to form a boy band called "One Direction." And, the lads went on to become global superstars with sold out concerts, chart-topping singles, hit albums and numerous fans worldwide.

However, fame always comes with a price. The loss of privacy is part of the equation of being famous, and this includes being followed everywhere by curious fans and photographers who want to know what the boys do, where they go, what they wear or don't wear and who they date, among other things.

Styles' band mates also share his dislike of the paparazzi. According to BBC, Niall Horan reported that he had been "dragged to the floor by some idiot with a camera" at Los Angeles' LAX airport.

"I hate the paps!" said Horan in the BBC report.

Styles' lawyer Sherborne also said that the boy band member's case specifically concerned paparazzi photographers that are based in the UK, including an organization called "Paparazzi AAA." In fact, four of these paparazzi will be identified soon.

The said injunction will prevent paparazzi photographers from pursuing the singer by motorcycle or car. It also prevents paparazzi from placing him under surveillance as well as loitering or waiting within 50 metres of his home. They will not be allowed to monitor Styles' movements nor take a photo of him at home.

Justice Nicola Davies granted the injunction a week before Dec. 16, 2013. Davies reportedly extended the order until Jan. 13, 2014. After that date, a further hearing will decide how the next action should proceed. Styles did not attend the hearing at London's High Court.

In the battle between One Direction's Harry Styles vs. Paparazzi, Styles may have won the court order stopping the paparazzi from harassing him, but will he win the war against them? Stay tuned for the development of this ongoing case.

  •  READ MORE:

One Direction's Harry Styles Turned Down by Samantha Armytage? (Click HERE)

One Direction Ends 2013 Aussie Tour: Custard Pies Thrown on Stage (Click HERE)

One Direction Aussie and New Zealand 2013 Tour Sold Out: Close to 300,000 Tickets Bought by Fans (Click HERE)

To contact the editor, e-mail:

  • Rate this Story
  • 0
  • 0
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.com.au, the business news leader

Join the Conversation

IBTimes TV
E-Newsletters

We value your privacy. Your email address will not be shared.