Maria Sharapova: Grateful for BF Grigor Dimitrov
By Rachelle Corpuz | December 18, 2013 12:10 PM EST
Maria Sharapova rarely talks about her private life and romantic relationship during interviews. Being a superstar herself, she likes to keep her personal life private and out of the public eye as much as she can.
Sharapova is currently dating Bulgarian tennis athlete, 22-year-old Grigor Dimitrov who is ranked 23rd in the world. She revealed that she is thankful to have Dimitrov in her life right now, especially after having gone through a challenging season and a failed relationship.
She has been in recovery due to an injury since June. Over that period, she seemed to have fallen in love more with her boyfriend Dimitrov, as she was able to spend more time with him. She stated that she has been through a lot and learned from the past, which is why she can come home, not worry about anything and just be happy with someone.
The Russian tennis superstar also revealed that she is really blessed to have Dimitrov as her boyfriend. "It's nice to see somebody that's next to me that is building their own life and becoming their own individual," said Sharapova. She is grateful at how Dimitrov respects her in everything she does. She gets to enjoy her life and, at the same time, be with a man who supports her very much, which she thinks is really hard to find in any romantic relationship.
Prior to dating Dimitrov, Sharapova was engaged to basketball player Sasha Vujacic. She started dating Vujacic in 2009. Her relationship with the Slovenia basketball player didn't last though. She announced their separation in August 2012. Sharapova has also reportedly dated Maroon 5 lead singer Adam Levine, former World No. 1 Andy Roddick and producer Charlie Ebersol.
Sharapova is currently looking forward to the World Tennis Association 2014 season. She has constantly been training and working hard, so her fans can expect a good performance from her in 2014. She is expected to compete at the Brisbane International at the end of December.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones