Miss International 2012 Ikumi Yoshimatsu Ultimately Opens Up About Absence From Miss International 2013 Pageant
By ambika thakur | December 18, 2013 10:10 AM EST
Miss International 2012 Ikumi Yoshimatsu's Life and career is being intimidated by Genichi Taniguchi (president of Pearl Dash and an executive at K-Dash) an influential person in Japanese entertainment industry. Raising voice against exploitation of women by management has long been forbidden in Japan's entertainment world but unlike other victims Ikumi Yoshimatsu has decided to fight back. She had filed a complaint against Taniguchi for pestering her and attempting to spoil her life and line of business.
The trouble started shortly after Yoshimatsu's coronation as Miss International 2012 in Okinawa and then turning down a deal with a talent agency. Yoshimatsu's decision to leave her agency and set up her own company named IY Global further added to her trouble. Yoshimatsu in her official facebook page, finally revealed the reason for being absent in the activities of the Miss International 2013 pageant. She stated that for the past year, she was being threatened by Taniguchi who allegedly called her family and threatened them. She posted a message on Twitter that is now under a 24 - hour Security Protection.
Yoshimatsu revealed her feeling of compunction for not being able to attend this year's Pageant and also mentioned that the 2008 titleholder, Alejandra Andreu is assigned to fullfil her duties now.
"Is everyone long time no see. For a while, I was over anxious to not be able to update. But, I am staying healthy as ever. The person who gave me a warm message we will be grateful. Just today, there is an important report to everyone of the fan," stated Yoshimatsu. Read her full statement here.
On December 17, she posted a goodluck mesage on Twitter to all Miss International 2013 contestants:
Even though I can't be with you all tonight, I want to wish the best of luck with hugs and love to all beautiful women competing tonight. — ikumi yoshimatsu (@ikumiyoshimatsu) December 17, 2013
Watch: Ikumi Yoshimatsu -Miss International FINAL SPEECH
You may also like to read more:
Miss International Pageant: Phenomenal Successes, Noteworthy Facts And Figures Read HERE
Miss International 2013 Purpose: "Friendship And Goodwill Between All Nations Of the World" Read HERE
Miss International 2013: Complete Details Read HERE
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change