Miss International 2012 Ikumi Yoshimatsu Ultimately Opens Up About Absence From Miss International 2013 Pageant
By ambika thakur | December 18, 2013 10:10 AM EST
Miss International 2012 Ikumi Yoshimatsu's Life and career is being intimidated by Genichi Taniguchi (president of Pearl Dash and an executive at K-Dash) an influential person in Japanese entertainment industry. Raising voice against exploitation of women by management has long been forbidden in Japan's entertainment world but unlike other victims Ikumi Yoshimatsu has decided to fight back. She had filed a complaint against Taniguchi for pestering her and attempting to spoil her life and line of business.
The trouble started shortly after Yoshimatsu's coronation as Miss International 2012 in Okinawa and then turning down a deal with a talent agency. Yoshimatsu's decision to leave her agency and set up her own company named IY Global further added to her trouble. Yoshimatsu in her official facebook page, finally revealed the reason for being absent in the activities of the Miss International 2013 pageant. She stated that for the past year, she was being threatened by Taniguchi who allegedly called her family and threatened them. She posted a message on Twitter that is now under a 24 - hour Security Protection.
Yoshimatsu revealed her feeling of compunction for not being able to attend this year's Pageant and also mentioned that the 2008 titleholder, Alejandra Andreu is assigned to fullfil her duties now.
"Is everyone long time no see. For a while, I was over anxious to not be able to update. But, I am staying healthy as ever. The person who gave me a warm message we will be grateful. Just today, there is an important report to everyone of the fan," stated Yoshimatsu. Read her full statement here.
On December 17, she posted a goodluck mesage on Twitter to all Miss International 2013 contestants:
Even though I can't be with you all tonight, I want to wish the best of luck with hugs and love to all beautiful women competing tonight. — ikumi yoshimatsu (@ikumiyoshimatsu) December 17, 2013
Watch: Ikumi Yoshimatsu -Miss International FINAL SPEECH
You may also like to read more:
Miss International Pageant: Phenomenal Successes, Noteworthy Facts And Figures Read HERE
Miss International 2013 Purpose: "Friendship And Goodwill Between All Nations Of the World" Read HERE
Miss International 2013: Complete Details Read HERE
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money