Miss International 2012 Ikumi Yoshimatsu Ultimately Opens Up About Absence From Miss International 2013 Pageant
By ambika thakur | December 18, 2013 10:10 AM EST
Miss International 2012 Ikumi Yoshimatsu's Life and career is being intimidated by Genichi Taniguchi (president of Pearl Dash and an executive at K-Dash) an influential person in Japanese entertainment industry. Raising voice against exploitation of women by management has long been forbidden in Japan's entertainment world but unlike other victims Ikumi Yoshimatsu has decided to fight back. She had filed a complaint against Taniguchi for pestering her and attempting to spoil her life and line of business.
The trouble started shortly after Yoshimatsu's coronation as Miss International 2012 in Okinawa and then turning down a deal with a talent agency. Yoshimatsu's decision to leave her agency and set up her own company named IY Global further added to her trouble. Yoshimatsu in her official facebook page, finally revealed the reason for being absent in the activities of the Miss International 2013 pageant. She stated that for the past year, she was being threatened by Taniguchi who allegedly called her family and threatened them. She posted a message on Twitter that is now under a 24 - hour Security Protection.
Yoshimatsu revealed her feeling of compunction for not being able to attend this year's Pageant and also mentioned that the 2008 titleholder, Alejandra Andreu is assigned to fullfil her duties now.
"Is everyone long time no see. For a while, I was over anxious to not be able to update. But, I am staying healthy as ever. The person who gave me a warm message we will be grateful. Just today, there is an important report to everyone of the fan," stated Yoshimatsu. Read her full statement here.
On December 17, she posted a goodluck mesage on Twitter to all Miss International 2013 contestants:
Even though I can't be with you all tonight, I want to wish the best of luck with hugs and love to all beautiful women competing tonight. — ikumi yoshimatsu (@ikumiyoshimatsu) December 17, 2013
Watch: Ikumi Yoshimatsu -Miss International FINAL SPEECH
You may also like to read more:
Miss International Pageant: Phenomenal Successes, Noteworthy Facts And Figures Read HERE
Miss International 2013 Purpose: "Friendship And Goodwill Between All Nations Of the World" Read HERE
Miss International 2013: Complete Details Read HERE
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People