LG G2 vs Nokia Lumia 1020: Which is a Better Buy this Christmas?
By Katrina Dianne Gimenez | December 18, 2013 5:09 AM EST
If you are choosing between LG G2 and Nokia Lumia 1020 either as a gift for yourself or as a gift for your love ones this Christmas, here are the specs for the two devices to help you decide.
In terms of dimension, there is little difference between the two flagships. Lumia 1020 is shorter but wider and thicker at 130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4 mm than G2 at 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9 mm. There's also not much difference in weight as Lumia 1020 weighs 158g while G2 weighs 142.88g.
In terms of design is where the big difference lies. Lumia 1020 is distinguishable from other phones because of its round black camera unit protruding from its back. It's a statement to the world of its whooping 41 MP sensor. G2, on the other hand, is distinguishable by its snooze and volume button placed on its rear to make volume adjustment easier while calling.
Screen and Display
G2 has a remarkably wider screen of 5.2 inches compared to Lumia 1020's 4.5-inch screen. G2 also has superior display with full-HD resolution of 1, 920 x 1, 080 pixels (424ppi) against Lumia 1020 which only has 1, 280 x 768 pixels (334ppi).
In terms of crispness and clarity of display quality, G2 is better than Lumia 1020.
Lumia 1020 lags behind other smartphones because of its 1.5GHz dual-core. If you compare this to G2's 2.26GHz quad-core processor, G2 is definitely better for multi-tasking, heavy gaming and apps downloading.
Lumia 1020 snags the spot of the smartphone with the best camera title. It boasts of its 41MP camera unit proudly sticking out from its back. G2 only has the standard 13MP sensor.
G2 is packed with a superior battery of 3, 000 mAh while Lumia 1020 only possess a 2, 000 mAh battery. For watching videos, G2 can last for 4.3 hours.
G2 is cheaper at a price range of $489-$611 in Australia. Lumia 1020 is available at a price starting from $599-$708.
The Ultimate Decree
For tech savvies, G2 is the better choice for faster and smoother performance, longer battery life and better screen display. But, for photo aficionados, Lumia 1020 is the better choice for great photo snapping.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists