LG G2 vs Nokia Lumia 1020: Which is a Better Buy this Christmas?
By Katrina Dianne Gimenez | December 18, 2013 5:09 AM EST
If you are choosing between LG G2 and Nokia Lumia 1020 either as a gift for yourself or as a gift for your love ones this Christmas, here are the specs for the two devices to help you decide.
In terms of dimension, there is little difference between the two flagships. Lumia 1020 is shorter but wider and thicker at 130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4 mm than G2 at 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9 mm. There's also not much difference in weight as Lumia 1020 weighs 158g while G2 weighs 142.88g.
In terms of design is where the big difference lies. Lumia 1020 is distinguishable from other phones because of its round black camera unit protruding from its back. It's a statement to the world of its whooping 41 MP sensor. G2, on the other hand, is distinguishable by its snooze and volume button placed on its rear to make volume adjustment easier while calling.
Screen and Display
G2 has a remarkably wider screen of 5.2 inches compared to Lumia 1020's 4.5-inch screen. G2 also has superior display with full-HD resolution of 1, 920 x 1, 080 pixels (424ppi) against Lumia 1020 which only has 1, 280 x 768 pixels (334ppi).
In terms of crispness and clarity of display quality, G2 is better than Lumia 1020.
Lumia 1020 lags behind other smartphones because of its 1.5GHz dual-core. If you compare this to G2's 2.26GHz quad-core processor, G2 is definitely better for multi-tasking, heavy gaming and apps downloading.
Lumia 1020 snags the spot of the smartphone with the best camera title. It boasts of its 41MP camera unit proudly sticking out from its back. G2 only has the standard 13MP sensor.
G2 is packed with a superior battery of 3, 000 mAh while Lumia 1020 only possess a 2, 000 mAh battery. For watching videos, G2 can last for 4.3 hours.
G2 is cheaper at a price range of $489-$611 in Australia. Lumia 1020 is available at a price starting from $599-$708.
The Ultimate Decree
For tech savvies, G2 is the better choice for faster and smoother performance, longer battery life and better screen display. But, for photo aficionados, Lumia 1020 is the better choice for great photo snapping.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Feature Retina Scanner Challenging iPad Retina and iPhone 6
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015