With Nokia Lumia 1020's Pureview 41MP camera, going outdoors and taking pictures is great. But, it certainly is a mood killer when you realize that your battery is already drained when you haven't even started yet.
Lumia 1020's 2, 000 mAh battery sure is the gadget's downside. But, there are ways to avoid having to charge your phone multiple times in a day. To avoid rapid battery drain and overheating, here are some tips from digital trends.com:
1. Go to the Settings Menu and choose battery saver. Set when it should be activated. With this, updates will be reduced, some live tiles will be paused, and apps will be prevented from running in the background.
2. When exiting an app, use the back key so they will be properly closed and will not be left running in the background.
3. Check if your battery is actually fully charged via Settings > battery saver > battery information.
4. Check if your operating system is up to date through going to the Settings Menu. Then, choose "phone updates" and then "check for updates." Make sure that the OS is updated.
5. Observe your phone's behavior after installing an application. Disable rogue apps. Rogue apps can cause battery drain so make sure that your apps are up to date. Check specific apps that may be causing the problem and consider uninstalling them.
6. Factory reset is an option to clean up your phone of rogue apps. However, you will lose everything so make sure to back up your files. Go to the Settings Menu; choose "about" then "reset your phone."
If none of the above tips worked, your battery might be faulty. If that is the case, contact your retailer, or Nokia to inform them of the problem and ask about a replacement handset.
To contact the editor, e-mail: