Miss Philippines Bea Rose Santiago Wins Miss International 2013
By Riza Ornos | December 18, 2013 1:17 AM EST
The 53rd edition of the Miss International coronation night kicked off tonight, Dec. 17, at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel Hall,Tokyo, Japan where 72 candidates from all corners of the globe are vying for Miss International crown. But one beauty queen stand apart from all of them, Miss Philippines Bea Rose Santiago is the new Miss International 2013.
The annual international beauty pageant is a part of the Big Four international beauty pageant, including Miss Universe, Miss World and Miss Earth. For this year's pageant, the 72 candidates has been involved in a series of pre-pageant activities including a tour of Tokyo, know-how of sushi, Japanese traditional dance training, an introduction to the art of Ikebana and a tour of the Imperial Palace.
Miss Philippines Bea Rose Santiago the new Miss International 2013 will serve as the "Ambassadors of Peace and Beauty" as she will be symbol for beauty, friendship and intelligence. The new queen will also demonstrate tenderness, benevolence and the ability to take action to promote world peace, understanding and goodwill.
Miss New Zealand Casey Radley second runner-up and Miss Netherlands Natalie den Dekker is the first runner-up.
The Best in National Costume goes to Miss Aruba Erialda Croes, Miss Lithuania Elma Segzdaviciute is Miss Photogenic, Miss Friendship is awarded to New Zealand Casey Radley and Miss Macau Adela Ka-Wai Sou won the Miss Internet Award.
Before the pageant starts today, the Miss International Organization was rocked with a scandal when reigning Miss International queen Ikumi Yoshimatsu filed a criminal complaint against a top agency executive for stalking, intimidation, extortion and obstruction of business. The alleged executive is Genichi Taniguchi, and according Yoshimatsu threatened her life after she refused to sign Burning Productions, a major film company.
Because of this scandal, Yoshimatsu was stripped with her crown and was banned for this year's Miss International coronation night. She is supposed to crown the new queen and pass her responsibility as Miss International the new queen but because of this recent event she wasn't allowed to set foot in the pageant' final night for the scandal might overshadow the show.
Miss Puerto Rico
Miss New Zealand
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health