Miss Philippines Bea Rose Santiago Wins Miss International 2013
By Riza Ornos | December 18, 2013 1:17 AM EST
The 53rd edition of the Miss International coronation night kicked off tonight, Dec. 17, at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel Hall,Tokyo, Japan where 72 candidates from all corners of the globe are vying for Miss International crown. But one beauty queen stand apart from all of them, Miss Philippines Bea Rose Santiago is the new Miss International 2013.
The annual international beauty pageant is a part of the Big Four international beauty pageant, including Miss Universe, Miss World and Miss Earth. For this year's pageant, the 72 candidates has been involved in a series of pre-pageant activities including a tour of Tokyo, know-how of sushi, Japanese traditional dance training, an introduction to the art of Ikebana and a tour of the Imperial Palace.
Miss Philippines Bea Rose Santiago the new Miss International 2013 will serve as the "Ambassadors of Peace and Beauty" as she will be symbol for beauty, friendship and intelligence. The new queen will also demonstrate tenderness, benevolence and the ability to take action to promote world peace, understanding and goodwill.
Miss New Zealand Casey Radley second runner-up and Miss Netherlands Natalie den Dekker is the first runner-up.
The Best in National Costume goes to Miss Aruba Erialda Croes, Miss Lithuania Elma Segzdaviciute is Miss Photogenic, Miss Friendship is awarded to New Zealand Casey Radley and Miss Macau Adela Ka-Wai Sou won the Miss Internet Award.
Before the pageant starts today, the Miss International Organization was rocked with a scandal when reigning Miss International queen Ikumi Yoshimatsu filed a criminal complaint against a top agency executive for stalking, intimidation, extortion and obstruction of business. The alleged executive is Genichi Taniguchi, and according Yoshimatsu threatened her life after she refused to sign Burning Productions, a major film company.
Because of this scandal, Yoshimatsu was stripped with her crown and was banned for this year's Miss International coronation night. She is supposed to crown the new queen and pass her responsibility as Miss International the new queen but because of this recent event she wasn't allowed to set foot in the pageant' final night for the scandal might overshadow the show.
Miss Puerto Rico
Miss New Zealand
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar