Miss Philippines Bea Rose Santiago Wins Miss International 2013
By Riza Ornos | December 18, 2013 1:17 AM EST
The 53rd edition of the Miss International coronation night kicked off tonight, Dec. 17, at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel Hall,Tokyo, Japan where 72 candidates from all corners of the globe are vying for Miss International crown. But one beauty queen stand apart from all of them, Miss Philippines Bea Rose Santiago is the new Miss International 2013.
The annual international beauty pageant is a part of the Big Four international beauty pageant, including Miss Universe, Miss World and Miss Earth. For this year's pageant, the 72 candidates has been involved in a series of pre-pageant activities including a tour of Tokyo, know-how of sushi, Japanese traditional dance training, an introduction to the art of Ikebana and a tour of the Imperial Palace.
Miss Philippines Bea Rose Santiago the new Miss International 2013 will serve as the "Ambassadors of Peace and Beauty" as she will be symbol for beauty, friendship and intelligence. The new queen will also demonstrate tenderness, benevolence and the ability to take action to promote world peace, understanding and goodwill.
Miss New Zealand Casey Radley second runner-up and Miss Netherlands Natalie den Dekker is the first runner-up.
The Best in National Costume goes to Miss Aruba Erialda Croes, Miss Lithuania Elma Segzdaviciute is Miss Photogenic, Miss Friendship is awarded to New Zealand Casey Radley and Miss Macau Adela Ka-Wai Sou won the Miss Internet Award.
Before the pageant starts today, the Miss International Organization was rocked with a scandal when reigning Miss International queen Ikumi Yoshimatsu filed a criminal complaint against a top agency executive for stalking, intimidation, extortion and obstruction of business. The alleged executive is Genichi Taniguchi, and according Yoshimatsu threatened her life after she refused to sign Burning Productions, a major film company.
Because of this scandal, Yoshimatsu was stripped with her crown and was banned for this year's Miss International coronation night. She is supposed to crown the new queen and pass her responsibility as Miss International the new queen but because of this recent event she wasn't allowed to set foot in the pageant' final night for the scandal might overshadow the show.
Miss Puerto Rico
Miss New Zealand
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members