'The Voice' Season 5: Live Performance with Triple Treat from Finalists [VIDEOS]
By Raymond Ronamai | December 17, 2013 8:05 PM EST
"The Voice" season 5 could not have gotten any better with the top three finalists giving all they have, in order to woo the Americans in their last performance on this year's show. It was a triple treat for the fans as the contestants sang three songs each, including a duet with their respective coaches on Monday.
As expected, finalists Tessanne Chin, Will Champlin and Jacquie Lee sang their heart out, daring to take on big songs before the competition comes to an end with the announcement of the winner on Tuesday's episode.
It's not easy to sing Whitney Houston's classic songs but Tessanne dared do just that by choosing "I Have Nothing". It takes so much maturity to perform such a song and Tessanne did justice to the song with a powerful rendition. She then sang The Beatles' "Let It Be" with her coach Adam Levine, which was also beautiful. The last song she performed was "Try" by Pink. Coaches had turned their chairs in the audition after hearing her sing this song, and she did even better in the finals. She is now , without a doubt, one of the favourites to win this year's title.
VIDEO: Tessanne Chin sing "I Have Nothing"
Will may be an underdog in the competition but he cannot be written off, as he bounces back stronger every time he is pushed to the edge. He showcased his talent once again on Monday with the rendition of Gavin DeGraw's "Not Over You", which he sang during the audition. His second was Bryan Adam's "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You", which was beautiful, especially towards the end when he kissed his wife and daughter who were watching him perform. He then sang Elton John's "Tiny Dancer" with his coach Adam. The very thought of singing with the Maroon 5 front man would intimidate many but Will showed everyone that he can stand out on his own.
VIDEO: Will Champlin and Adam Levine sing "Tiny Dancer"
Coach Christina Aguilera's teenage girl Jacquie took up some big songs on Monday in an attempt to win America's votes. She sang Dreamgirls' "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going" which was powerful. Her next song was a duet - "We Remain" from The Hunger Games - with her coach Christina. It was a good performance but her coach's voice overshadowed her's. She then sang Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black," which she rendered during the audition. It was a flawless performance.
VIDEO: Jacquie Lee sings "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going"
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles