'The Voice' Season 5: Live Performance with Triple Treat from Finalists [VIDEOS]
By Raymond Ronamai | December 17, 2013 8:05 PM EST
"The Voice" season 5 could not have gotten any better with the top three finalists giving all they have, in order to woo the Americans in their last performance on this year's show. It was a triple treat for the fans as the contestants sang three songs each, including a duet with their respective coaches on Monday.
As expected, finalists Tessanne Chin, Will Champlin and Jacquie Lee sang their heart out, daring to take on big songs before the competition comes to an end with the announcement of the winner on Tuesday's episode.
It's not easy to sing Whitney Houston's classic songs but Tessanne dared do just that by choosing "I Have Nothing". It takes so much maturity to perform such a song and Tessanne did justice to the song with a powerful rendition. She then sang The Beatles' "Let It Be" with her coach Adam Levine, which was also beautiful. The last song she performed was "Try" by Pink. Coaches had turned their chairs in the audition after hearing her sing this song, and she did even better in the finals. She is now , without a doubt, one of the favourites to win this year's title.
VIDEO: Tessanne Chin sing "I Have Nothing"
Will may be an underdog in the competition but he cannot be written off, as he bounces back stronger every time he is pushed to the edge. He showcased his talent once again on Monday with the rendition of Gavin DeGraw's "Not Over You", which he sang during the audition. His second was Bryan Adam's "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You", which was beautiful, especially towards the end when he kissed his wife and daughter who were watching him perform. He then sang Elton John's "Tiny Dancer" with his coach Adam. The very thought of singing with the Maroon 5 front man would intimidate many but Will showed everyone that he can stand out on his own.
VIDEO: Will Champlin and Adam Levine sing "Tiny Dancer"
Coach Christina Aguilera's teenage girl Jacquie took up some big songs on Monday in an attempt to win America's votes. She sang Dreamgirls' "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going" which was powerful. Her next song was a duet - "We Remain" from The Hunger Games - with her coach Christina. It was a good performance but her coach's voice overshadowed her's. She then sang Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black," which she rendered during the audition. It was a flawless performance.
VIDEO: Jacquie Lee sings "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going"
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]