'The Voice' Season 5: Live Performance with Triple Treat from Finalists [VIDEOS]
By Raymond Ronamai | December 17, 2013 8:05 PM EST
"The Voice" season 5 could not have gotten any better with the top three finalists giving all they have, in order to woo the Americans in their last performance on this year's show. It was a triple treat for the fans as the contestants sang three songs each, including a duet with their respective coaches on Monday.
As expected, finalists Tessanne Chin, Will Champlin and Jacquie Lee sang their heart out, daring to take on big songs before the competition comes to an end with the announcement of the winner on Tuesday's episode.
It's not easy to sing Whitney Houston's classic songs but Tessanne dared do just that by choosing "I Have Nothing". It takes so much maturity to perform such a song and Tessanne did justice to the song with a powerful rendition. She then sang The Beatles' "Let It Be" with her coach Adam Levine, which was also beautiful. The last song she performed was "Try" by Pink. Coaches had turned their chairs in the audition after hearing her sing this song, and she did even better in the finals. She is now , without a doubt, one of the favourites to win this year's title.
VIDEO: Tessanne Chin sing "I Have Nothing"
Will may be an underdog in the competition but he cannot be written off, as he bounces back stronger every time he is pushed to the edge. He showcased his talent once again on Monday with the rendition of Gavin DeGraw's "Not Over You", which he sang during the audition. His second was Bryan Adam's "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You", which was beautiful, especially towards the end when he kissed his wife and daughter who were watching him perform. He then sang Elton John's "Tiny Dancer" with his coach Adam. The very thought of singing with the Maroon 5 front man would intimidate many but Will showed everyone that he can stand out on his own.
VIDEO: Will Champlin and Adam Levine sing "Tiny Dancer"
Coach Christina Aguilera's teenage girl Jacquie took up some big songs on Monday in an attempt to win America's votes. She sang Dreamgirls' "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going" which was powerful. Her next song was a duet - "We Remain" from The Hunger Games - with her coach Christina. It was a good performance but her coach's voice overshadowed her's. She then sang Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black," which she rendered during the audition. It was a flawless performance.
VIDEO: Jacquie Lee sings "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going"
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- ‘Top Gun 2’ Update: ‘The Jungle Book’ Writer Onboard, Tom Cruise Likely To Reprise His Role
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation