Latest HTC One 2 (HTC M8) Concept Image Packs Slimmer Body, Fingerprint Scanner, 12 Ultrapixels and Stylus
By Kristin Dian Mariano | December 17, 2013 4:19 PM EST
There is no stopping the creative minds of designers in designing HTC One 2 or HTC M8 concept images as the device becomes one of the most anticipated smartphones coming next year.
Another HTC One 2 concept image emerged. This time, the render is created by Rohit Singh. He imagined that the HTC One 2 will have a slimmer body and will become an ultraslim smartphone. As for the design, the new HTC One 2 concept image sports a red casing. The successor of the popular HTC One will also pack top of the line specs and features.
The unique speaker grille at the bottom of the handset seems a bit bigger compared to its predecessor and the cameras are upgraded. A surprising feature that will make its entry in the next HTC handset is a fingerprint sensor, which was first introduced by its rival iPhone 5S. The security feature is visualized to be placed on the side of the smartphone although it is still unclear how the technology will work on a very slim smartphone.
Other features packed in the new HTC One 2 or HTC M8 concept image are 12 ultrapixels camera and a stylus. It seemed that HTC One 2 packed the best features of Samsung and Apple smartphones. HTC One 2 will also pack the next generation of Snapdragon 805 CPU, 4 GB of RAM, as well as 2K Super LCD 3 screen and HTC Sense 6.0. Some of the current HTC One features like the BoomSound, BlinkFeed and Zoe will be kept with the new generation of the ImageChip.
HTC One 2 release date may happen really soon as HTC was awarded its wifi certification. This hinted that HTC One 2 is already in the works and will be released anytime soon. According to the certification, the handset will support faster wifi connectivity as the wifi antenna is capable of switching between two bands: 5GHz and 2.4GHz.
HTC One 2 is expected to make an appearance at the Mobile World Congress event in February. Moreover, High Court Judge Richard Arnold announced that HTC plans to launch its new phone "in the first quarter of 2014 and possibly as early as February 2014" in his ruling earlier this month on a patent suit filed by Nokia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports