Grey’s Anatomy Season 10: Jesse Williams Reveals What Lies Ahead, April Kepner’s Reaction to Jackson’s Objection and More (Spoilers)
By jaskiran kaur | December 17, 2013 9:59 AM EST
"Grey's Anatomy" season 10 took a short winter break after airing its Midseason Finale in Episode 12 that ended with a cliffhanger. During the Dec 12 episode, the last 5 minutes witnessed Jackson Avery's (Jesse Williams) confession of love for April Kepner (Sarah Drew) in the midst of her wedding to Matthew Taylor (Justin Bruening). The show ended and took its winter hiatus at a juncture which left fans wanting for more. Jesse Williams revealed more about the cliffhanger ending and what lies ahead in season 10 in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. (Spoilers Alert!)
'Grey's Anatomy' Season 10 Midseason Finale Episode 12: Jackson's Confession
In "Grey's Anatomy" season 10 Midseason Finale Episode 12, Jackson Avery finally confessed his love for April Kepner. This happened while April was standing at the altar with Matthew Taylor to exchange their rings. Just moments after the priest asked if anyone objects the bride and grooms' union, Jackson stood up and said: "April, I love you, I always have. I love everything about you. Even the things I don't like, I love... I love you, and I think that you love me, too."
Jesse Williams revealed that this confession is based on the advice of Mark Sloan, his deceased mentor. "A lot of has to do with Mark being a big figure and mentor for him. He saw what happened when Mark waited until the last minute. Life is short and Jackson's friend and mentor died before being able to patch things up with and go for broke with the woman that he loved (Chyler Leigh's Lexie), even though that was painful for Jackson since it was his ex-girlfriend," told Jesse Williams to The Hollywood Reporter.
'Grey's Anatomy' Season 10: What Lies Ahead When the Show Returns?
The cliffhanger ending led to the rise of two questions in fans' minds: first, how will April respond to Jackson's confession and declaration of love and second, where will "Grey's Anatomy" season 10 pick up? Addressing both questions, Jesse Williams reveals more to The Hollywood Reporter.
"There are certainly victims in that scenario. Jackson certainly hurt Stephanie, but no matter what April says, the fact she's standing there pausing and considering it and not shutting it down immediately --- how is Matthew supposed to feel about that? Can she turn back and say, 'We're going to move on and keep this marriage ceremony going'? That might not be realistic for Matthew. It's a complex and muddled ball of feelings here, and Jackson really threw a wrench in the whole thing," Jesse Williams revealed about April Kepner's response to Jackson Avery's confession.
Besides April's response, fans are also curious about from where Grey's Anatomy Season 10 will pick up when it returns. He revealed that fans can expect a "time jump" as well as the after effects of the untimely objection and confession his love.
"You'll see what happens and the impact it has on everyone. This is going to have a devastating affect on Stephanie. In situations where you have somebody being left at the altar, it's usually the dashing bad guy versus the really honorable guy. Is she going to go with the jerk or is she going to go with the good guy? In this situation, Matthew and Stephanie are Jackson's victims," Jesse Williams reveals.
He also revealed that Matthew and Stephanie will be the victims of "collateral damage" that the situation will lead to.
"You'll see it came as a huge surprise for Jackson, and that it wasn't premeditated. It was just a compulsion to blurt it out. Sometimes when you act impulsively, you have a 'WTF did I just do' moment, and we're going to see that. I cant say what April's response is going to be, but I can say that Jackson is going to have a, 'Oh my God, what have I gotten myself into?' moment at some stage in the very near future. Anytime you think there's solid ground, it turns out to be slippery," added Jesse Williams.
As per the description by "Grey's Anatomy" actor Jesse Williams, it seems that the second half of the season has a lot of drama in store. But for that, fans need to wait until the show returns on Feb 27, 2014 with "Grey's Anatomy" season 10 episode 13 on ABC.
For more spoilers and recap of "Grey's Anatomy" season 10, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?