Polaris Motorcycles to Ride into India in January 2014
By greeshma m | December 16, 2013 8:51 PM EST
Following the footsteps of British bike maker Triumph, the iconic American two-wheeler manufacturer Polaris group is all set to steer into the sub-continent's motorcycle market with its Indian Motorcycles.
Polaris, the maker of snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicle (ATV) will begin its Indian journey on 22 January 2014.The Indian Motorcycles is speculated to launch its newly unveiled cruisers Indian Chief Classic, Indian Chief Vintage and Indian Chieftain in the country. To begin with, the company will start marketing its motorcycle through a single outlet in Delhi and subsequently expand its network to other cities like Mumbai and Bangalore.
All three models derive power from an all-new Thunder Stroke 111 engine, which is mated to a 6-speed transmission. In the US, the bikes Chief Classic, Chief Vintage and Chieftain are priced $18,999, $20,999 and $ 22,999 respectively. Keeping this figure in mind, the marquee motorcycles are expected to fall in the price range of ₹10 - 15 lakh in India.
The Indian Motorcycles is likely to sell the upcoming models in the new destination, through Completely Built up Unit (CBU) route.
The charismatic bike models of Indian chief are feted for the Cruise control, antilock braking system, keyless starting and electronic fuel injection. Apart from this standard features , the Indian Chief Vintage sports tan leather quick-release saddlebags, tan leather two-up seat and quick-release windshield. The Indian Chieftain on the other hand, features stereo with speakers in the fairing, Bluetooth media players, tire pressure sensors, air-adjustable rear shock, and motorized windshield adjustment.
Polaris Group is the latest international brand to venture into the sub-continent motorcycle market. Earlier in November, Britain's largest motorcycle manufacturer Triumph Motorcycles had announced its entry into the market with 10 models, which are priced between ₹5.7 lakh and ₹20 lakh (ex-showroom).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS