Forget iPhone 6: New iPad 6/iPad Pro In 2014 To Feature 2K Resolution Replacing MacBook
By Precious Silva | December 16, 2013 7:26 PM EST
The market has been buzzing about the iPhone 6 for few weeks now. As people continue to wait for details about Apple's next flagship phone, another Apple device is taking the spotlight. According to recent reports, the Cupertino-based tech giant may release the iPad 6 or iPad Pro in 2014. Likewise, the device will reportedly sport 2K displays making them more laptop-like. Does MacBook have a replacement in the works?
The sixth installment of the iPad series has been referred to as "iPad Pro" by some sources. According to reports, Apple may be working on a slate that will combine the capabilities of the MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro. Thus, there is the term "iPad Pro."
Reports said Apple has been testing a range of iPad models featuring 12.9-inch display. The tech giant will be releasing the device in April 2014 sporting a 2K display. Another model sporting a 4K display will reportedly come in October 2014.
Barclays Equity and Wall Street Journal also hinted an iPad with larger display previously.
A Chinese Web site indicated that Foxconn has been working with Apple for iPad research and development. The Korea Times also quoted an anonymous source about the iPad Pro:
"The 12.9-inch iPad will have improved picture quality."
"As the Apple partner intends to boost its lineup for displays that have almost ultra high-definition (UHD) quality, the upcoming iPad will provide very clear quality similar to that of UHD."
Analysts noted the resolution of the iPad Air at 2,048 x 1,536 pixels. If Apple will be set on releasing a larger iPad then the company will have to work on higher screen resolution. Analyst also sees this move as Apple's bid to compete with Samsung's Galaxy-brand tablets. The Korean tech giant has proven there is a market for larger slates and Apple wants a piece of the cake.
"By diversifying its tablet lineup, Samsung plans to significantly narrow differences with Apple in the race," Korea Times quoted a Samsung official.
"Samsung believes it also can dethrone Apple in tablets as it did in smartphones."
Apple appears to adopt larger screens for 2014 as iPhone 6 will reportedly come with a bigger screen size.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE maincat_id='6' AND outkey='Y' AND tid> ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 15Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT article_id as num FROM ib_categories_index WHERE tid=6 ORDER BY article_id DESC LIMIT 5
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine