Winds of Winter Release Date in 2014? Sir Barristan Spoilers and Speculation
By Sachin Trivedi | December 16, 2013 3:38 PM EST
With the Christmas of 2013 fast approaching, fans of the George R. R. Martin's book series 'A Song of Fire and Ice' are looking forward to the early release date of the next book - Winds of Winter.
George has acknowledged the fact that he will need to finish the next book before the "Game of Thrones" TV show catches up to the writing. But with a time gap of about 5 years between a new book release, the TV show may catch up to the books eventually.
There have been reports that the producers of the show have been putting pressure on the author to complete the book quickly. There is also tremendous pressure from the fans too. But it looks like the quality of the 'Winds of Winter' will be the main focus for the author rather than its early release.
Given that the author has admitted that some of the chapters from the book 'A Dance with Dragons' have been moved to the 'Winds of Winter' and that it's been a few years since the release of the previous book, it has been speculated that the new book should be nearing completion.
'The Winds of Winter' book release date is expected to be late 2014, but may be pushed to early 2015. So fans are expecting one big Christmas gift in the year 2014. The book is expected to resolve some big battles early on.
The impending battle that fans are eager to see resolved is that of Daenerys Targaryen. The mother of dragons will need to bring peace to her city and establish a stable rule. Her rule is being undermined by a shadowy group called the Sons of the Harpy. She will also need to fight a war against the Yunkai.
The battle against the Yunkai may be fought under the leadership of Sir Barristan, as Daenaerys is miles away with her dragon. Sir Barristan will lead an attack against a larger Yunkai force personally.
Sir Barristan will get some help from an army of Iron Born, bearing the kraken banners. Who is the head of the Iron Born army? Why would they help Sir Barristan against the Yunkai? Is there a hidden agenda by the Iron Born to control and perhaps take away the dragons?
Fans eagerly wait for the 'Winds of Winter' book, as they wonder what new plots and twists the new book may bring. Not to mention a few shocking deaths and unexpected alliances. Will the new book be released in time for the "Game of Thrones" Season 5?
More Articles to Read
Game of Thrones Season 4 Roast King Joffrey Invitation from the Producers and Production Update [Watch Trailer] [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers: The Runaway Wife! [Read]
Game of Thrones Season 4, Production Update and Release Date [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Endangered Characters On ‘The Winds of Winter’: Tyrion Lannister, Theon Greyjoy & Jon Snow
- Justin Bieber Was Not A Very Good Host For 'Saturday Night Live,' Cast Members Tell All In A Book
- 'True Love,' Jennifer Lopez Book - Everything To Know About The First Ever Book By The Latin Artist
- A Bookless Digital Library Hums With Knowledge
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza