No one can replace legendary actor Paul Walker when it comes to playing his character in "Fast and Furious" movies. But business is business and when there is money involved in a project, it simply cannot be ignored. Same happened with "Fast and Furious" franchise movie which was half finished when Paul Walker suddenly left us in a tragic accident this month.
Walker's death not only came as a surprise for his fans and media but also for the producer of "Fast and Furious 7" movie, who had already shot half the movie with Paul. The movie's fate seems undecided as the director is unsure if he should re-shoot the entire movie with a new actor (as it would mean more money) or rope in someone who looked like Walker. He decided to do the latter. After many speculations, Cody Walker, late Paul Walker's little brother has been asked to take his brother's place and finish the project of "Fast & Furious" sequel.
"[Producers] soon realized they needed someone who looked like Paul to finish the movie and that's when they approached his nearly identical brother, Cody," says a source to Mail Online. Let's look at the reasons why 25-year-old Cody, who works as a stuntman, could be a good choice for the movie:
1. Cody and Paul have a striking resemblance and it would be easy for movie watchers to replace Paul with Cody, without seeing major differences.
2. Cody should not have any problems being taken as a "replacement" for the sequel of the movie. It should rather be seen as Cody's task to finish the work his brother started and become Brian O'Connor, Paul's character in the movie. It becomes Cody's moral responsibly to honour Paul in the movie.
3. The director of "Fast and Furious 7" don't want Cody for the entire movie, they rather want him to play the role of Brian for very less time as he is required to fill in for a few scenes only.
4. For people who are apprehensive that how a 25-year-old will look playing the role of 40 something Paul, the directors are planning to shoot Cody from behind and use the technique of computer graphic image (CGI) to replace Paul's face with Cody's body where front face scenes are required.
5. Paul's character will die in the movie on-screen. That is exactly where the movie makers will require Cody to step in to shoot his death, how it occurred and also use to give Paul (and Brian) the in the movie glorious send-off Paul deserves, instead of Dom Toretto (Vin Diesel) just mentioning that his character is death.
6. Since Cody is a stuntman, he should not face any difficulty shooting difficult scenes which involves action and dangerous moves.
What do you think about Cody Walker replacing Paul Walker in the movie "Fast and Furious 7?" Please give your reviews.
To contact the editor, e-mail: