NBA Trade News: Sacramento Kings to Get Rajon Rondo, Gerald Wallace; Celtics Receive Isiah Thomas, Ben McLeMore & Draft Picks in Proposed Blockbuster Deal
By Lou Ramon Aguila | December 16, 2013 2:45 PM EST
The Sacramento Kings are reportedly preparing a package for Boston Celtics All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo, a reliable league source disclosed on Thursday.
After trading for Derrick Williams and the Rudy Gay this season, the Kings continue to be aggressive on the trading front, but this time they are looking to acquire the reigning assists champion.
The Celtics front office stressed that they have no intention trading away Rondo, who is still rehabilitating from an ACL injury. However, the Kings are willing to trade away their young stars and draft picks for a shot at landing the prolific floor general.
According to NBA Buzz, the Kings are ready to send third-year point guard Isiah Thomas, rookie shooting guard Ben McLemore, shooting guard Marcos Thornton, power forward Jason Thompson, and two future first-round picks to the Celtics for Rondo.
Spearheaded by a new ownership, the Kings envision a formidable starting lineup consists of Rondo, Gay, Williams and center Demarcus Cousins. Sacramento has not appeared in the postseason since the 2005-2006 season, the last year of Rick Adelman as a coach. However, the efforts being put into by the current ownership only showed the Kings' intention to contend for a playoff spot after several years of futility.
Bill Simons' Trade Proposal
Even before this trade rumours broke out, hardcore Celtics fan and ESPN NBA analyst Bill Simmons already predicted the Kings will be trying to nab Rondo via trade this season. Here's Simmons' version of Kings-Celtics deal:
"The Celtics give up Rondo, Gerald Wallace and MarShon Brooks in exchange for the expiring contracts of John Salmons, Patrick Patterson, Jimmer Fredette and Greivis Vasquez, as well as rookie Ben McLemore," via Bleacher Sports.
Salmons, Patterson and Vasques were already traded to the Raptors as part of the Rudy Gay deal. Nevertheless, the Kings still have the assets to make this blockbuster trade, knowing the Celtics are after the draft picks.
MarShon Brooks, who was one of several personnel traded by the Brooklyn Nets to make last summer's blockbuster deal work, could be moved again as he struggled to find solid minutes under head coach Brad Stevens.
So far, the Celtics have remained focused on having Rondo back in January before assessing if he's tradable or not. Boston is surprisingly in the playoff mix because of the outstanding play of Jordan Crawford, Avery Bradley and Jeff Green. For now, stay tuned for another stunning trade development.
NBA Trade News, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy