NBA Trade News: Sacramento Kings to Get Rajon Rondo, Gerald Wallace; Celtics Receive Isiah Thomas, Ben McLeMore & Draft Picks in Proposed Blockbuster Deal
By Lou Ramon Aguila | December 16, 2013 2:45 PM EST
The Sacramento Kings are reportedly preparing a package for Boston Celtics All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo, a reliable league source disclosed on Thursday.
After trading for Derrick Williams and the Rudy Gay this season, the Kings continue to be aggressive on the trading front, but this time they are looking to acquire the reigning assists champion.
The Celtics front office stressed that they have no intention trading away Rondo, who is still rehabilitating from an ACL injury. However, the Kings are willing to trade away their young stars and draft picks for a shot at landing the prolific floor general.
According to NBA Buzz, the Kings are ready to send third-year point guard Isiah Thomas, rookie shooting guard Ben McLemore, shooting guard Marcos Thornton, power forward Jason Thompson, and two future first-round picks to the Celtics for Rondo.
Spearheaded by a new ownership, the Kings envision a formidable starting lineup consists of Rondo, Gay, Williams and center Demarcus Cousins. Sacramento has not appeared in the postseason since the 2005-2006 season, the last year of Rick Adelman as a coach. However, the efforts being put into by the current ownership only showed the Kings' intention to contend for a playoff spot after several years of futility.
Bill Simons' Trade Proposal
Even before this trade rumours broke out, hardcore Celtics fan and ESPN NBA analyst Bill Simmons already predicted the Kings will be trying to nab Rondo via trade this season. Here's Simmons' version of Kings-Celtics deal:
"The Celtics give up Rondo, Gerald Wallace and MarShon Brooks in exchange for the expiring contracts of John Salmons, Patrick Patterson, Jimmer Fredette and Greivis Vasquez, as well as rookie Ben McLemore," via Bleacher Sports.
Salmons, Patterson and Vasques were already traded to the Raptors as part of the Rudy Gay deal. Nevertheless, the Kings still have the assets to make this blockbuster trade, knowing the Celtics are after the draft picks.
MarShon Brooks, who was one of several personnel traded by the Brooklyn Nets to make last summer's blockbuster deal work, could be moved again as he struggled to find solid minutes under head coach Brad Stevens.
So far, the Celtics have remained focused on having Rondo back in January before assessing if he's tradable or not. Boston is surprisingly in the playoff mix because of the outstanding play of Jordan Crawford, Avery Bradley and Jeff Green. For now, stay tuned for another stunning trade development.
NBA Trade News, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report