People shop at H&M on Thanksgiving Day in New York
November 28, 2013. While most in the United States spent the day bonding with friends and family over turkey dinners and football games, some were enticed by big discounts and open stores to begin their holiday bargain-hunting a day earlier than the traditional "Black Friday" sprees that follow Thanksgiving. REUTERS/Eric Thayer
Holiday 2013 Gift Guide for Fashionistas:
1. Valentino Valentina Assoluto Holiday Set ($120 at Bloomingdales.com) -
Includes Valentina Assoluto Satin Floral Body Lotion (6.8oz) and Valentina Assoluto Eau de Parfum (2.7oz) in a beautiful vintage-inspired hat box.
2. Lanvin Printed iPad Cover ($140 at Net-a-Porter.com) -
Featuring Lanvin designer Alber Elbaz quirky sketches of himself and Lanvin founder Jeanne Lanvin in a sturdy iPad case.
3. Giorgio Armani Nail Lacquer ($20 at Nordstrom.com) -
A one-coat nail lacquer with 18 shades from posh designer label Giorgio Armani.
4. Tom Ford Beauty, Ombre Eye Color, She Wolf ($60 at NeimanMarcus.com) -
Featuring a trio of neutral shades that are versatile to use day or night, either in an office or in a party.
5. Kate Spade 2 Park Avenue Beau Bag ($498 at KateSpade.com) -
A stylish and functional shopping bag with lots of pockets for valuables, beauty essentials and even a special pouch for a tablet. Available in different colors including black, maraschino (red), cipria (pale pink) and vivid snapdragon/maraschino (red and hot pink combo)
6. MCQ Alexander McQueen Kaleidoscope Beetle-Print Voile Scarf ($265 at Net-a-Porter.com) -
A red and black scarf made of voile fabric featuring a cute but chic beetle print design from British artist Damien Hirst taken from his limited edition designs called "Entymology."
7. Jennifer Behr Holiday Hair Accessories ($92-$248 at JenniferBehr.com) -
Stunning headpieces fit for a princess like Blair Waldorf of "Gossip Girl" or her wannabes.
8. Mujjo Leather Crochet Touchscreen Gloves ($121.95 at Mujjo.com) -
Made with woven Egyptian cotton and sleek Ethiopian lambskin designed to keep hands warm while still being able to text using one's smartphone without ever having to take it off.
Source: Total Beauty
People shop at Macy's Herald Square on Thanksgiving Day in New York
November 28, 2013. Some early U.S. shoppers headed to stores on Thanksgiving Day in search of discounted holiday gifts on a day long reserved for American families to bond over turkey and football. Macy's Inc and a slew of other stores are opening later on Thanksgiving for the first time ever in a bare-knuckle brawl for a bigger slice of holiday sales. REUTERS/Eric Thayer
Holiday 2013 Gift Guide for Beauty Junkies:
1. Prada Candy L'eau Holiday Set ($92 at Nordstrom) -
The set includes the fruity floral Candy Eau de Parfum (2.7oz.), Candy Lotion (2.5oz.) all in a pretty signature pink and black pouch.
2. Butter LONDON Glam Rock 6-Piece Set ($39 at ButterLondon.com) -
Nail polish kit that comes with one brand new shade (Buckie, a gorgeous purple) and five cult classic shades (Pillar Box Red, Slapper, All Hail the Queen, West End Wonderland and Trout Pout).
3. L'Occitane Hand Cream Bouquet ($54 at LOccitane.com) -
Featuring an assortment of L'Occitane's popular and best-selling shea butter hand creams.
4. Oribe Purse Size Collection ($65 at Neiman Marcus) -
Miniature hair products from celebrity hairstylist Oribe Canales' line including the Côte d'Azur Hair Refresher and Anti-Humidity Spray.
5. It's a Wonder-Filled Life: Arbonne's Holiday Gift Sets ($50 and under) -
Festively packaged skin care sets from Arbonne including RE9 Advanced®, FC5®, SeaSource Detox Spa®, Sky for Men® and Pampermint® Foot Care Gift Set.
6. Fresh Sugar Cherry Charms ($32 at Fresh.com) -
A trio of Fresh Sugar's best products including Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment, Seaberry Restorative Body Cream and the new Life Eau de Parfum.
7. Tarte Off the Cuff Amazonian Clay Blush Palette and Bracelet ($42, Available in-store at Sephora) -
A versatile palette with four flattering blushes and a bronzer all infused with Amazonian clay for a long-lasting, 12-hour glow.
8. Dermalogica Precleanse Wipes (Dermalogica.com, $18) -
Facial wipes with soothing Precleanse Oil, designed to remove stubborn makeup and debris before washing your face.
9. Benefit Countdown to Love Advent Calendar ($68 at BenefitCosmetics.com) -
A limited edition advent calendar with 24 beauty products, including sample sizes of some of their cult-favorite products such as Benetint and High Beam.
10. Jouer Sparkle & Shine Holiday Poppers ($16 for one, $58 for four-pack at Birchbox.com) -
Champagne and white poppers filled with pretty gems and baubles and a miniature lip gloss that moisturizes lips with jojoba seed oil and shea butter.
11. The Gift that Never Stops Giving: Tweezerman ($22, $30 and $45) -
Choose from Tweezerman best sellers including its famous tweezers (Silver Shimmer Slant Tweezer with Case and Polka Dot Crystal Slant) and LED 15X Lighted Mirror.
12. Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette ($59 at UrbanDecay.com) -
20 mix-and-match eye shadow shades (neutrals, mattes, shimmers and bold shades) made with the brand's new Pigment Infusion System.
Source: Total Beauty
Hopefully, this Holiday 2013 Gift Guide for Fashionistas and Beauty Junkies will help you find the perfect presents for the fashion and beauty lovers in your life this Christmas. They will surely appreciate it because it is very thoughtful to give gifts based on their personalities or particular interests. Here's to a more beautiful and fashionable Christmas in 2013. Happy Holiday shopping, gift wrapping and gift giving!
Holiday 2013 Gift Guide: Top 5 Gifts for Women [PHOTOS] (Click HERE)
Holiday 2013 Gift Guide: The Top 5 Toys for Girls in 2013 [PHOTOS] (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail: