Just two days after the release of her secret album, superstar Beyoncé is soaring up the charts and sold more than 80,000 copies in the first three hours after it's release. The Queen Bey outdone herself again as she announced and released her new album, titled Beyoncé, all on the same day.
Beyoncé dropped the bomb on Thursday, Dec. 12, and topped the iTunes chart in 100 countries and soaring high toward a No. 1 debut for next week's Billboard 200 in the U.S. The new album features 14 songs and 17 videos featuring her husband Jay Z, Drake, Frank Ocean, Justin Timberlake, Timbaland and her daughter, Blue Ivy.
Here are the 10 awesome things you didn't know about Beyoncé's new album
1. After the release of her new album, Beyoncé generated over 1.2 million tweets in 12 hours, with an amazing tweets-per-minute spike of 5,300. This awesome twitter phenomenon surpassed the record set when Sci-Fi TV Sharknado aired in July.
2. Katy Perry couldn't help but to tweet Queen Bey's new album and said that she had broken the internet. She tweeted: "Don't talk to me today unless it's about @Beyonce THANX!"
3. Lady Gaga also tweeted welcoming the Queen back after a long vacation from the music business. She posted: "Welcome back Honey B we missed you."
4. Just like her husband Jay Z who release Magna Carta Holy Grail earlier this year through a deal with Samsung with a tie-up with Galaxy mobile phone users, Beyonce released her album in a most unconventional way.
5. According to Werde, Beyonce's unusual way of releasing her album "speaks to the change in the music business." Like Taylor Swift who released her album "Red" through Target, Walgreens and Papa John. And not to mention Lady Gaga who released her album "Born This Way" on Amazon and sold 440,000 copies for only 99 cents when it was on sale.
6. Beyonce called her new masterpiece a "visual album." The videos are filmed in New York, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Sydney and her hometown, Houston.
7. The Queen was quited boredabout releasing her album in the conventional way. She was also afraid that she did not speak directly to her fans. According to a statement, she said, "I didn't want to release my music the way I've done it."
"I am bored with that. I feel like I am able to speak directly to my fans," says the Queen Bey. "There's so much that gets between the music, the artist and the fans. I felt like I didn't want anybody to give the message when my record is coming out. I just want this to come out when it's ready and from me to my fans."
8. Beyonce is a feminist. In a song posted earlier this year, she used an audio from a speech about feminism by Nigerian author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
9. It is projected that her "14 track visual" album is the biggest debuting album by a female artist since Taylor Swift's "Red."
10. When the album sale hit 600,000 mark, Beyonce will surpass her own record on her best debut week and best sales week period of her music career.
To contact the editor, e-mail: