Sony is yet to release the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update with build number 10.4.B.0.569 that was previously announced for some Xperia devices including the Xperia Z and ZL. However, the new firmware is now available for manual download on these devices, thanks to the industrious efforts of XDA recognised developers, DooMLoRD and Androxyde.
The leaked firmware is accessible to the user community via XDA Developers forum as "Commercial and Journalists" version of the Android 4.3 update. Among the noteworthy features, the new firmware reportedly brings improved speed in contrast to the older Android 4.2 firmware.
As Android Beat reports, other noticeable changes ported into the firmware include a revamped user-interface (UI) with a new single-handed keyboard mode and a new camera app, as in the Xperia Z1. In addition, a collection of new themes and usability enhancements within the UI settings are also thrown into the mix.
Here is the complete changelog for Android 4.3 10.4.B.0.569 leaked official firmware:
- White UI just like what Xperia Z1 has on Android 4.2.2 firmware
- New Camera app similar to Xperia Z1
- New Xperia home 6.1.2.A.0.1 version
- New Album app 5.2.A.1.26 version
- New Movies app 5.3.A.0.18 version
- New themes and wallpapers just like Xperia Z1
- Enjoy new themes using the " " option. By tapping on it, you can download some cool themes from Sony Select app where the navigation bar and status bar colour changes to "blue" along with soft keys icons.
- New keyboard app
- Lacks X-Reality for mobile, but retains old Bravia Engine 2
- Performance enhancements and bug fixes
- Screen calibrated for more brighter display
- Battery life not yet tested
Instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any device damage during or after firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- The Android 4.3 10.4.B.0.569 leaked official firmware (download here for Xperia Z and download here for Xperia ZL) and the instructions provided are limited to the Sony Xperia Z and ZL. Verify device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Back up data and settings using a recommended custom recovery tool such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP, as data wiping process is mandatory in this tutorial.
- Verify appropriate USB drivers are installed on the computer (Download Sony Xperia Z/ZL USB drivers).
- Ensure USB debugging mode is enabled on phone by navigating to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development option.
- Double-check that phone has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing ROM.
- Verify if the device is unlocked (not locked to specific carrier).
- If the device is stuck at booting or experiences boot loop issues, Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache a few more times before rebooting.
- Allow newly installed ROM to stabilise for five minutes before using the device.
How to Install Official Android 4.3 10.4.B.0.569 Leaked Firmware on Xperia Z and ZL
Step 1:Download and install the Flashtool app on your computer
Step 2: Connect your Xperia Z or ZL to computer via USB cable
Step 3: Copy the downloaded firmware zip file to the Flashtool folder (c:flashtoolfirmwares)
Step 4: Open flashtool on computer and tap on lightning icon followed by flashmode and then hit OK.
Step 5: Find and select the .ftf firmware that you downloaded in the flashtool folder.
Step 6: Now hit the flash button to initiate the update process. The process may take just a few minutes to complete. So, do not use the computer in the interim or interrupt the process.
Step 7: Once the update is installed, disconnect the USB cable from computer and reboot the phone.
Your Xperia Z or ZL is now running on the latest Android 4.3 10.4.B.0.569 leaked official firmware. Go to Settings > About Phone > Android > Baseband version and check the firmware version installed.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: