Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Might Have a 5.68-inch Display with LCD Screen?
By Janice Somosot | December 13, 2013 5:14 PM EST
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite might have a 5.68-inch display with a Liquid-crystal display (LCD) screen? Rumours are swirling about the tech industry that Samsung is planning to launch a new gadget with these particular specs. According to ETN News, a Korean site, this new Samsung device is aimed as a low-cost alternative to its other higher priced gadgets.
The planned Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite will reportedly sport the same 5.68-inch display as its predecessor, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The main difference between these two gadgets is the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 uses the Active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) display technology, while the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite is rumoured to only have an LCD screen. If this is true, then it means it also won't have the Samsung Galaxy Note 3's full high definition (HD) capabilities.
According to The News Tribe, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite will also have the S Pen stylus, which is probably the reason why its screen display size hasn't changed much like its predecessor. Apparently, a 5.68-inch display screen size is ideal to use with the S Pen stylus.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will reportedly have a 13 megapixel (MP) camera with an 8MP sensor.
Meanwhile, G for Games reports that Korean sources are suggesting that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite has already entered production. Samsung will supposedly produce about 500K units in Jan. 2014 and 1.5 million units in Feb. 2014. If these reports are indeed true, then it is in line with earlier reports from SamMobile confirming the planned debut of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite (SM-N7505) at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in February 2014.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite might indeed have a 5.68-inch display with LCD screen. This is also said to be one of the reasons why the manufacturing of this particular phablet, which is poised to be a more affordable version among the other Galaxy Note brands, has been pushed back even if it could have already started its production since early Nov. 2013, as previously rumoured. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite is aimed at emerging markets. Stay tuned for more developments about the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite, including its other features.
- READ MORE:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Gets New Colour and Lite Variants (Click HERE)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Tipped to Debut at MWC 2014: Report (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Xbox One News: EA Subscription Effective for Microsoft’s Next-gen Console; Forza Horizon 2 Announces 16 More Cars
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’