Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Might Have a 5.68-inch Display with LCD Screen?
By Janice Somosot | December 13, 2013 5:14 PM EST
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite might have a 5.68-inch display with a Liquid-crystal display (LCD) screen? Rumours are swirling about the tech industry that Samsung is planning to launch a new gadget with these particular specs. According to ETN News, a Korean site, this new Samsung device is aimed as a low-cost alternative to its other higher priced gadgets.
The planned Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite will reportedly sport the same 5.68-inch display as its predecessor, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The main difference between these two gadgets is the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 uses the Active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) display technology, while the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite is rumoured to only have an LCD screen. If this is true, then it means it also won't have the Samsung Galaxy Note 3's full high definition (HD) capabilities.
According to The News Tribe, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite will also have the S Pen stylus, which is probably the reason why its screen display size hasn't changed much like its predecessor. Apparently, a 5.68-inch display screen size is ideal to use with the S Pen stylus.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will reportedly have a 13 megapixel (MP) camera with an 8MP sensor.
Meanwhile, G for Games reports that Korean sources are suggesting that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite has already entered production. Samsung will supposedly produce about 500K units in Jan. 2014 and 1.5 million units in Feb. 2014. If these reports are indeed true, then it is in line with earlier reports from SamMobile confirming the planned debut of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite (SM-N7505) at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in February 2014.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite might indeed have a 5.68-inch display with LCD screen. This is also said to be one of the reasons why the manufacturing of this particular phablet, which is poised to be a more affordable version among the other Galaxy Note brands, has been pushed back even if it could have already started its production since early Nov. 2013, as previously rumoured. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite is aimed at emerging markets. Stay tuned for more developments about the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite, including its other features.
- READ MORE:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Gets New Colour and Lite Variants (Click HERE)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Tipped to Debut at MWC 2014: Report (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- Android 5.0 L Update Forecast For Sony Xperia Z Series, Mid-Range and Low-Cost Devices
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble