Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Might Have a 5.68-inch Display with LCD Screen?
By Janice Somosot | December 13, 2013 5:14 PM EST
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite might have a 5.68-inch display with a Liquid-crystal display (LCD) screen? Rumours are swirling about the tech industry that Samsung is planning to launch a new gadget with these particular specs. According to ETN News, a Korean site, this new Samsung device is aimed as a low-cost alternative to its other higher priced gadgets.
The planned Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite will reportedly sport the same 5.68-inch display as its predecessor, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The main difference between these two gadgets is the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 uses the Active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) display technology, while the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite is rumoured to only have an LCD screen. If this is true, then it means it also won't have the Samsung Galaxy Note 3's full high definition (HD) capabilities.
According to The News Tribe, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite will also have the S Pen stylus, which is probably the reason why its screen display size hasn't changed much like its predecessor. Apparently, a 5.68-inch display screen size is ideal to use with the S Pen stylus.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will reportedly have a 13 megapixel (MP) camera with an 8MP sensor.
Meanwhile, G for Games reports that Korean sources are suggesting that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite has already entered production. Samsung will supposedly produce about 500K units in Jan. 2014 and 1.5 million units in Feb. 2014. If these reports are indeed true, then it is in line with earlier reports from SamMobile confirming the planned debut of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite (SM-N7505) at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in February 2014.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite might indeed have a 5.68-inch display with LCD screen. This is also said to be one of the reasons why the manufacturing of this particular phablet, which is poised to be a more affordable version among the other Galaxy Note brands, has been pushed back even if it could have already started its production since early Nov. 2013, as previously rumoured. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite is aimed at emerging markets. Stay tuned for more developments about the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite, including its other features.
- READ MORE:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Gets New Colour and Lite Variants (Click HERE)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Tipped to Debut at MWC 2014: Report (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS