Lea Michelle Still Misses Cory Monteith, Gets Candid with Ellen in First TV Interview [SEE VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | December 13, 2013 4:08 PM EST
Nothing can take away Lea Michelle's pain after the sad demise of her boyfriend and "Glee" star Cory Monteith. The gorgeous actress has put up a brave front in public and even resumed shooting within few days of Cory's death but chose to keep her innermost feelings to herself after the his sudden death. However the 27-year-old starlet has now opened up about her life after Monteith's passing on Thursday's episode of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."
In her first television interview since Monteith's sudden death, Lea revealed how lucky she is to be surrounded by people who helped her immensely to overcome her grief and specially acknowledged her "Glee" co-star Kate Hudson for doing the best to keep her insane.
"I'm doing well," said Lea to Ellen. "It's certainly been a pretty rough year, but I've been surrounded by such great people, such great family."
"She was so wonderful to basically give me her home to myself and my family," said Michele about Hudson's act of inviting Lea to her home after the death of Cory in July.
"It was so helpful to just, basically, have a safe place to process and (to) just have a minute to just breathe before getting back to my house with just a lot of memories and stuff. So being someplace else to just have a moment was really nice," revealed Michelle, adding how thankful she is to Hudson for her compassionate act.
".. But to have that time at (Hudson's) home to just really be in private with this for a moment - before getting back to work and before going home - I'm just so thankful to her."
Michele also added that it was a good decision on her part to join work rather than submerge herself in the memories of the late actor.
"What people also don't understand is that going to work is no harder than being at home and being in the house and opening up a closet and seeing a pair of shoes," said Michele.
"I'm just trying to do my best for him because I know that that's what he would have wanted and to just do my best and to you know, hopefully make something positive for where I go in the rest of my life," continued the star.
Ellen also shared a special recorded interview dating back to 2012 where Cory confessed he was romantically involved with Lea Michelle. Watch the episode below.
Source: youtube.com/ EllenShowz
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales