Lea Michelle Still Misses Cory Monteith, Gets Candid with Ellen in First TV Interview [SEE VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | December 13, 2013 4:08 PM EST
Nothing can take away Lea Michelle's pain after the sad demise of her boyfriend and "Glee" star Cory Monteith. The gorgeous actress has put up a brave front in public and even resumed shooting within few days of Cory's death but chose to keep her innermost feelings to herself after the his sudden death. However the 27-year-old starlet has now opened up about her life after Monteith's passing on Thursday's episode of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."
In her first television interview since Monteith's sudden death, Lea revealed how lucky she is to be surrounded by people who helped her immensely to overcome her grief and specially acknowledged her "Glee" co-star Kate Hudson for doing the best to keep her insane.
"I'm doing well," said Lea to Ellen. "It's certainly been a pretty rough year, but I've been surrounded by such great people, such great family."
"She was so wonderful to basically give me her home to myself and my family," said Michele about Hudson's act of inviting Lea to her home after the death of Cory in July.
"It was so helpful to just, basically, have a safe place to process and (to) just have a minute to just breathe before getting back to my house with just a lot of memories and stuff. So being someplace else to just have a moment was really nice," revealed Michelle, adding how thankful she is to Hudson for her compassionate act.
".. But to have that time at (Hudson's) home to just really be in private with this for a moment - before getting back to work and before going home - I'm just so thankful to her."
Michele also added that it was a good decision on her part to join work rather than submerge herself in the memories of the late actor.
"What people also don't understand is that going to work is no harder than being at home and being in the house and opening up a closet and seeing a pair of shoes," said Michele.
"I'm just trying to do my best for him because I know that that's what he would have wanted and to just do my best and to you know, hopefully make something positive for where I go in the rest of my life," continued the star.
Ellen also shared a special recorded interview dating back to 2012 where Cory confessed he was romantically involved with Lea Michelle. Watch the episode below.
Source: youtube.com/ EllenShowz
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]