The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is a popular device despite having new Samsung products. It is a well loved device both among users and developers. Users can now update their Note 2 devices to Android 4.2.2.While there may be possibilities that the device may get bypassed for a Jelly Bean 4.3 update, users who do not want to wait can upgrade their devices Android 4.2.2.
The Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ROM is for the international version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. This includes Verizon Galaxy Note 2, AT&T Galaxy Note 2, T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 and Sprint Galaxy Note 2. Users should root their device before updating.
The device must be 70% charged. Anything lower can lead to power disruptions while updating. It is important to check whether USB debugging is enabled. To do this, go to Settings and Application. Choose allow or enable debugging.
Once the ROM has been downloaded, follow these instructions:
1. Install the Samsung USB drivers in the computer.
2. Connect the Galaxy Note 2 to the device. Transfer the corresponding custom ROM, including the Google Apps package in the SD card of the handset.
3. Turn off the device and reboot it to Recovery mode. Do this by pressing and holding the Volume Controls plus the Power keys.
4. Create a backup for the existing ROM to be restored later. Choose "backup and restore > backup." Users can always choose to "restore: if they wish to go back to their previous ROM.
5. Go to the main menu, choose "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Return to the menu and choose "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
6. Return to the main menu and choose "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card." Select the custom ROM zip file copied on the device. Verify installation. Repeat the same steps for the Google Apps package.
7. Once installation finishes, return to the menu and "reboot system now."
8. The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will reboot. Running the first run of the latest ROM may take around 5 minutes to finish.
Once the run finishes, users can now enjoy Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean in their Galaxy Note 2.
Disclaimer: We cannot be held responsible for anything that will happen to the device after installation. We do not have control over the consequences following update. Users can update at their own risk.
To contact the editor, e-mail: