DICE, the developer behind Battlefield 4, has finally released a 600 MB patch for their next-gen first person shooter on the PS4.
This follows Battlefield 4's numerous problems. The game's publisher, EA, has been having some serious issues with the game's servers ever since the release. Players of the game on the Xbox One and PS4 have been facing some serious problems while trying to play the game online.
What Does New Patch Do?
It removes EMP blur, audio drop issues and fixes a majority of crashes among other things. Go through the entire change log below to get a full understanding of everything that's been fixed.
- General stability fixes that should remove a large amount of the client crashes seen on the PS4
- Fixed the audio drop outs that could occur when playing on large maps. Typical map affected was Golmud Railway in Conquest with 64 players. Ambient sound would sometimes cut out, like foley sounds from player running, vehicle engine sounds, vehicle movement sounds, and map ambient sounds
- Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
- Further reduced the probability of getting a corrupt save file by doing miscellaneous changes to the save file system. These include removing the save file saving again when quitting multiplayer
- Fixed multiple crashes that could occur when bringing up the ingame Battlelog during round transition
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using the BattleScreen
- Fixed a random crash related to destroying vehicles
- Fixed minor destruction issues in the terrain
Players will have to restart the game to install the update.
Refund for Battlefield 4 Premium Xbox One Users?
According to reports, multiple Xbox One users have made posts on forums saying that after contacting Microsoft support with their problems, they were able to receive refunds for their £39.99 Battlefield 4 Premium subscriptions. Until now, it appears that these refunds are only being offered to users who ask. However, EA has not made any official comments or announcements on refunds so far.
Issues Being Faced?
Everything from locked accounts, the inability to access servers, constantly being dropped from game servers, unfinished DLC content, VoIP issues and much more.
To contact the editor, e-mail: