The San Diego Chargers are still in playoff contention but needs a big upset win over the Denver Broncos, who are aiming for perfection at home this season.
After winning big against the New York Giants, 37-14, in Week 14 and notching wins in two of their last three games, San Diego (6-7) is just one game back off the Baltimore Ravens (7-6) and Miami Dolphins (7-6) for the final wildcard spot in the AFC.
Meanwhile, Denver (11-2), which sports an immaculate 7-0 record at home, wants the home field advantage in the postseason. They won their last two against the Kansas City Chiefs, 35-28, and Tennessee Titans, 51-28.
While the Broncos are already assured of a playoff spot, they are still chasing historic numbers which may prompt them to play harder in their last three games.
They need to score at least 25.0 points per game to break the NFL record for points in a season held by the New England Patriots, which had a total of 589 points in the 2007 regular season.
The Broncos have won four straight over the Chargers and has covered three out of four times.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Lines: San Diego Chargers (+10.5) vs. Denver Broncos (O/U: 56.0)
Game time: 11:25 am AEDT
San Diego Chargers Trends
- Chargers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. teams with winning records
- Chargers are 1-8-1 ATS in their last 10 games after a win
- Chargers are 2-9-1 ATS in their last 12 games after an ATS win
Denver Broncos Trends
- Broncos are 5-0-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. AFC West teams
- Broncos are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 games at ome
- Broncos are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games
To contact the editor, e-mail: